Senior Life Stock Ownership or 3-card Monte?

For you to say privately held companies do not have to release their financials that's true. But to say privately held insurance companies don't have to release their financials that's just not true. Their financials will include their reserves...duh. They have to release these figures to each state dept. of insurance they do business in, every 90 days. They also have to release these figures to an appraisal company in order to have their privately held stock evaluated.
Greg, I think it goes without saying what is included in the financials; but, let me make sure that I understand you clearly. Are you stating that SLIC financials statements are public information? If possible, a simple Yes or No will suffice.

Greg, I think it goes without saying what is included in the financials; but, let me make sure that I understand you clearly. Are you stating that SLIC financials statements are public information? If possible, a simple Yes or No will suffice.

As I stated earlier call Ron. He can answer your questions about this better than me.

And no I'm not mad at you.

As I stated earlier call Ron. He can answer your questions about this better than me.

And no I'm not mad at you.
Update: Licensing spoke with Robert, came back and referred me to my RVP for information on stock ownership. I questioned that and was told, "unfortunately, your RVP is the only who could assist with that." LOL
Considering you are an RVP yourself, I assume I would receive no more information from mine than you were able to provide. I appreciate you trying to help, but I am afraid that was exactly the response I expected to get from HO.
SL is doing a fantastic job communicating with their rainmakers.

Last edited:
If you've replaced so much business, then why were you telling Newby on a different thread the other day that you've been selling FE (over 40 years I believe?) and you couldn't really retire because you didn't have much money? And how your FE customers had zero loyalty to you, etc.?

If LH or SL had persistency problems that affected profitability they would have changed their business model a long time ago, wouldn't you agree?

For you to say privately held companies do not have to release their financials that's true. But to say privately held insurance companies don't have to release their financials that's just not true. Their financials will include their reserves...duh. They have to release these figures to each state dept. of insurance they do business in, every 90 days. They also have to release these figures to an appraisal company in order to have their privately held stock evaluated.

Wishing you better success with your FE career. Don't let this forum take away from your selling time.

That was Billy B in the business 40 years not me . For you to say private financials are under the same scrutiny as public CO’s is ludicrous. Many CO’s stay private to avoid many rules of disclosure of public CO’s . Security Nationals parent co is public .

Update: Licensing spoke with Robert, came back and referred me to my RVP for information on stock ownership. I questioned that and was told, "unfortunately, your RVP is the only who could assist with that." LOL
Considering you are an RVP yourself, I assume I would receive no more information from mine than you were able to provide. I appreciate you trying to help, but I am afraid that was exactly the response I expected to get from HO.
SL is doing a fantastic job communicating with their rainmakers.

As I already mentioned above, ask for Ron Powell he's the CEO and President of Senior Life Ins. Co. There are several people named Robert that work there. You probably spoke to someone in licensing...just a guess.

As I said up above if you don't call Ron P. with your questions then you're just stirring the pot. And you proved my point!
If you weren't just stirring the pot you would have at least called your RVP as "Robert" suggested. But no, you chose to come up here to stir...lol.

How can you be a rainmaker for Sr Life? How much production do you (or your group) issue?

I have no more comments about this. If you really wanted the answers to your questions about the stock you'd talk to Ron.

That was Billy B in the business 40 years not me . For you to say private financials are under the same scrutiny as public CO’s is ludicrous. Many CO’s stay private to avoid many rules of disclosure of public CO’s . Security Nationals parent co is public .

Your comprehension is about as bad as mine...lol. I said when it comes to insurance companies that their financials (reserves too) are scrutinized by each state dept of insurance the carrier does business in.

But aren't you the one saying to Newby you had been selling FE a considerable number of years, but had problems with client loyalty and didn't really have much $$$ to show for your efforts? If I'm mistaken please accept my apologies.

Wishing you the best!

It's a privately held company, remember? Privately held companies don't have to release their financials to the general public (helps keep the prying eyes of competitors away). But insurance companied do have to disclose their financials to each state's dept of insurance the carrier does business in.

Your comprehension is about as bad as mine...lol. I said when it comes to insurance companies that their financials (reserves too) are scrutinized by each state dept of insurance the carrier does business in.

But aren't you the one saying to Newby you had been selling FE a considerable number of years, but had problems with client loyalty and didn't really have much $$$ to show for your efforts? If I'm mistaken please accept my apologies.

Wishing you the best!

That wasn’t me . State insurance depts are looking at the reserves but not scrutinizing earnings and profitability and analyzing If any shady stuff going on . Earnings are what makes sticks rise . Public CO’s have to adhere to different reporting rules than private CO’s . The above has nothing to do with SL

As I already mentioned above, ask for Ron Powell he's the CEO and President of Senior Life Ins. Co. There are several people named Robert that work there. You probably spoke to someone in licensing...just a guess.

As I said up above if you don't call Ron P. with your questions then you're just stirring the pot. And you proved my point!
If you weren't just stirring the pot you would have at least called your RVP as "Robert" suggested. But no, you chose to come up here to stir...lol.

How can you be a rainmaker for Sr Life? How much production do you (or your group) issue?

I have no more comments about this. If you really wanted the answers to your questions about the stock you'd talk to Ron.
Greg, seriously? If licensing says, "Let me ask Robert, AYNYONE who knows anything about SL knows they are referring to Shriver. Are you kidding me?

Only 2 or 3 post previously I stated that Ron was the first person I asked at the leadership meeting. I also asked him at a dinner consisting only of the 4 leaders in my Region. If he did not provide the information on either occasion, how many times would you suggest I ask before I feel a certain way about it?
What difference would it make how much production my group produces. When commissions were at 75%, do you not recall SL stating in recruiting ads, "It does not matter what your commission level is, 0 times 150 commission is still 0."? And, "The leads don't cost you money, they make you money."? The message to the agent is, so long as you are earning more than what you spend, you will always be ahead. Why should that not apply to the company, so long as an agent submits an app.? It all counts as revenue to them, right?

You have gotten way off the subject!

Last edited:
Greg, seriously? If licensing says, "Let me ask Robert, AYNYONE who knows anything about SL knows they are referring to Shriver. Are you kidding me?

Only 2 or 3 post previously I stated that Ron was the first person I asked at the leadership meeting. I also asked him at a dinner consisting only of the 4 leaders in my Region. If he did not provide the information on either occasion, how many times would you suggest I ask before I feel a certain way about it?
What difference would it make how much production my group produces. When commissions were at 75%, do you not recall SL stating in recruiting ads, "It does not matter what your commission level is, 0 times 150 commission is still 0."? And, "The leads don't cost you money, they make you money."? The message to the agent is, so long as you are earning more than what you spend, you will always be ahead. Why should that not apply to the company, so long as an agent submits an app.? It all counts as revenue to them, right?

You have gotten way off the subject!

See...you don't know what you don't know. The head of licensing is named Robert, that's the Robert you talked to, not Robert Shriver.

I'll make it clearer for you. Call Ron Powell directly on his cell at 229-403-2604 or email him at [email protected]. He is ok with this info being put out there. Another example of Sr Life's transparency.

Most CEO's at other carriers would never approve of their contact info being made public like this. Remember, Ron spent many years in the field selling FE before they bought and grew Sr Life. He can discuss leads, future of FE, questions about the improvements Sr Life has continually made the last few years, etc.

Last edited:
Back