Guaranteed Issue Under 40?

Had a friend that just had a insulin dependent diabetic client declined b y them on their Final Expense SIWL plan. The application simply asks if they used insulin before age 50 or any complications of diabetes in the last two years. He answered no. However, the RXscript or MIB showed that his insulin level ahd been changed in the past two years so they said the diabetes was no under control and that was considered a complication.

I had worse, I had client die, and was declined death benefit, because in his medical records they found one day his sugar was high, diabetes out of control.

I discussed it with his wife, and she said almost anyone with diabetes, will have ups and downs, that's what diabetes is, it's wrong for company to accept someone with diabetes, then have issue with not under control.

I had worse, I had client die, and was declined death benefit, because in his medical records they found one day his sugar was high, diabetes out of control.

I discussed it with his wife, and she said almost anyone with diabetes, will have ups and downs, that's what diabetes is, it's wrong for company to accept someone with diabetes, then have issue with not under control.

Thats very true, my wife has non insulin diabetes and hers can jump around from week to week. Sad to hear this kind of thing happens.

That's the exact thing I've been talking about how many people just don't know what's in their Drs records. I had a guy in great health I wrote a policy for . They aps'ed and the records must have said he had some confusion 1 time when he was sick and they declined and said he had dementia. People are dependent on this coverage to pay funeral costs . That's why I've harped with the ambiguity of all these final expense Apps there's huge wiggle room to deny. Cos should be made to file with the state yearly what % of claims in the first 2 yrs are denied. This should be public info . Somebody said Americo is just a cheap graded policy as they deny so many claims. I'm getting the feeling many Fe cos are.

That's the exact thing I've been talking about how many people just don't know what's in their Drs records. I had a guy in great health I wrote a policy for . They aps'ed and the records must have said he had some confusion 1 time when he was sick and they declined and said he had dementia. People are dependent on this coverage to pay funeral costs . That's why I've harped with the ambiguity of all these final expense Apps there's huge wiggle room to deny. Cos should be made to file with the state yearly what % of claims in the first 2 yrs are denied. This should be public info . Somebody said Americo is just a cheap modified policy as they deny so many claims. I'm getting the feeling many Fe cos are.

I fixed that for ya:1wink:

I have a client like this who finds their commute to a regular dr.'s appt. in downtown Philly very stressful and it temporarily raises their blood pressure. It will then show as high if the doctor takes a reading when they get there. But they do not have hbp. Problem is explaining that to an insurance company.:arghh:

No idea why you WOULD NOT write gerber(gi) when you have to. It's as earned/no risk of charge back. It's also some peoples only chance at coverage. Last, pull out your phone or tablet and do the app in 5min. Talk about easy!

My thoughts on Gerber is commission based and the two year charge back period. Why I honestly don't focus on commissions when I sale I can't get passed their low commissions plus their two year charge back period. Guys, we are in this to help people but we have to be able to survive in the process. That's my feelings on Gerber.

Back