Happy New Year!

Thought you had been shot and turned in to sausage by now? ;)

No man, just been running my tail off and haven't had time to get on the forum to chit chat. 2018 turned out better than we predicted, but now we kick off phase 2 and get another 100 plus agents trained up and selling Medicare in 2019. Coming to a state near you real soon :)

The main goal for a debit agent isn't production, but increase in book size. My goal for my LBL debit is 22% increase in book size (based on monthly premium), and for my overall book of business it's a 10% increase in book size.

hey @shonceman I'd like to ask a couple of questions about the debit biz if I may ...

Is that LBL Debit a different appointment/contract, e.g. I have two appointments with Columbian, one for monthly debit, and another for everything else.

How much of you debit business do you collect monthly vs debit business set on draft as a % vs %?

I imagine the first week of the month must be busy for you, and then the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Wednesdays, correct?

Great stuff you've been sharing here - thank you!

hey @shonceman I'd like to ask a couple of questions about the debit biz if I may ...

Is that LBL Debit a different appointment/contract, e.g. I have two appointments with Columbian, one for monthly debit, and another for everything else.

How much of you debit business do you collect monthly vs debit business set on draft as a % vs %?

I imagine the first week of the month must be busy for you, and then the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Wednesdays, correct?

Great stuff you've been sharing here - thank you!
The LBL Home Service contract is a separate contract, and a different division.

If I write it as debit, most likely I will be personally collecting it. The home service policies I've written on draft are relatively few, because if they're willing to draft I usually write a FE policy. (Occasionally the HS policy actually has a lower rate for certain people, so I write it if that's the case, even if they'll be drafted.) As far as percentages go, around 75% of my book is not home service. A couple of years ago, it was more like 90%. So as I've been growing the HS book, it's becoming a bigger portion of my overall business. As far as what I'm writing now, it's probably 75% home service. I'm getting more and more who pay me by phone using a debit card, so I am still personally collecting, but not necessarily driving to see them. Sometimes people ask if they can pay that way. But if someone lives some distance from my normal collection area (which is already quite large), or if they work late hours, or if they're generally hard to catch at home, I try to get them to pay by phone (if they won't draft). I also have several that mail a check or money order to me.

The first week of the month is pretty busy. Through the month I do have some Wednesday SS recipients, which I usually see the next day. For whatever reason, the biggest concentration of those is on the 4th week.

I have plenty of people who will hold their money for me, so I have designated days for different parts of town each week, and I see them on those days. That keeps me from going crazy chasing all over town all the time.

@HoosierLife, sorry I seem to have hijacked the thread! But I hope it's helpful in some way even for others who don't do home service. The truth is a lot of agency management techniques I've learned through working home service are applicable to many businesses.

The LBL Home Service contract is a separate contract, and a different division.

If I write it as debit, most likely I will be personally collecting it. The home service policies I've written on draft are relatively few, because if they're willing to draft I usually write a FE policy. (Occasionally the HS policy actually has a lower rate for certain people, so I write it if that's the case, even if they'll be drafted.) As far as percentages go, around 75% of my book is not home service. A couple of years ago, it was more like 90%. So as I've been growing the HS book, it's becoming a bigger portion of my overall business. As far as what I'm writing now, it's probably 75% home service. I'm getting more and more who pay me by phone using a debit card, so I am still personally collecting, but not necessarily driving to see them. Sometimes people ask if they can pay that way. But if someone lives some distance from my normal collection area (which is already quite large), or if they work late hours, or if they're generally hard to catch at home, I try to get them to pay by phone (if they won't draft). I also have several that mail a check or money order to me.

The first week of the month is pretty busy. Through the month I do have some Wednesday SS recipients, which I usually see the next day. For whatever reason, the biggest concentration of those is on the 4th week.

I have plenty of people who will hold their money for me, so I have designated days for different parts of town each week, and I see them on those days. That keeps me from going crazy chasing all over town all the time.

@HoosierLife, sorry I seem to have hijacked the thread! But I hope it's helpful in some way even for others who don't do home service. The truth is a lot of agency management techniques I've learned through working home service are applicable to many businesses.

I forgot I was the one who started this thread. This is the Final Expense forum lol. They all go off track at some point.

Quarter of the way there. I think it’s realistic, but will be difficult. Got to set the bar high. No reason to do anything if you’re not going to go big.
It is hard to get to a massive size, but setting goals and putting in the work can happen! I believe you can do it, just might be a little into 2020 instead of 2019

I’m hoping to do 15 mil this year, fingers crossed!

Back