Has our business changed? Will agents return to face-to-face?

I've missed being out in the field for a few years now. Even though it was my choice to make, I still didn't really have a choice. Once I reached a certain point there was no going back.

Just trying to say, I understand.

But I'm really done with this whole desk and computer thing. I got into insurance to get away from that.

I hear you there. I work in the city. My day is walking and talking. Visiting businesses, talking to owners, managers, employees. I prospect on the subway. At the falafel carts. Sushi joints. Pizzerias. Shoe stores. Ride elevators up and down office buildings.

I go to the office once a week to scrub and submit my apps.

Wondering how many of those small business prospects will not be in business? Walking and talking is going to be different.

So obviously one of the impediments of phone sales over the last 5 yrs was people just didn't answer the phone . So apparently thats not a problem as people are answering the phone and all this new screening software is a non issue ? Most agents didn't get on the phone to even make appts before they weren't good at it and now there doing $5k a week in telesales . Another thing not mentioned is the persistency in tele sales will be much less overall for most agents than face to face.

Yep, I have some Florida swamp land that I'd like to sale you that will be worth millions in a few short years...:laugh:

My prediction is that that as more and more businesses now move to telesales, not just insurance, people are going to get frustrated with all the calls.

And then... "knock, knock"... like a breath of fresh air. :yes:

"Mildred, I see your telesales policy is with company X. Now the nice gentleman/woman on the phone, they weren't from one of those prison call centers where they?"

"How did you like your agent? Where they one of those really tall good looking agents like me, or sorta short like tubby like @goillini52 (;) )? Sorta scary not knowing what they look like? How will your family recognize them when they stop by to help fill out paper work when you pass away? They do stop by to help your family fill out all that paper wok don't they?"

...:rolleyes:... tighten up your books boys, cause the door knockers are soon to be back in Mildred's living room and that's gonna be tough on your business.

Last edited:
Back