Help With Hep C Large Case

Equitable(Level Standard), Foresters(Graded), Humana(Graded), GWIC(Level if no problems or change in medication or dosage in last 2 years), KSKJ(More than 2 years Level Select, 1-2 years Level Standard/with 2nd condition Modified Graded, within 1 year Modified Graded), Sentinel Security(Graded), Trinity(More than 2 years Level, 1-2 years Graded).

Equatable also huh?

Thanks. I'm going to get the app out and write Liberty bankers and equatable 2morrow! Thank you all for your help!

Equatable also huh?

Thanks. I'm going to get the app out and write Liberty bankers and equatable 2morrow! Thank you all for your help!

Yep, they ask about Chronic Hepatitis and Liver Disease in the Preferred section. The Level Standard is high...but it's day one Level. They'll go up to $30K.

Oh, if you can't spell it...they won't let you can't sell it.;)

Liberty Bankers Standard for 173.76/30K max (NT). That's Immediate benefit, the only one I know of. She must be getting treatment.

Hey are you sure about this liberty bankers. I don't have a real app but looked up on fex quotes the sample app... first question is "have you ever been diagnosed with ... ... ... hepatitis C... I think this is a no go?

Hey are you sure about this liberty bankers. I don't have a real app but looked up on fex quotes the sample app... first question is "have you ever been diagnosed with ... ... ... hepatitis C... I think this is a no go?

EDIT: I just took a look at the app (from Fex Quotes) from your state and it IS different than mine. So in other states the stuff below may or may not be correct.

EDIT 2: I also discovered that Fex Quote's must be using the same app for all quotes in all states (quotes for Florida use the same app as yours and is wrong for my state). I would call LBL to find out what your state's app really says for your state. It's quite possible that they use the same app as I have. When I called them today I never told them my agent number or what state I'm calling from, so you never know. It looks like the app Fex is using is 5 years old.

EDIT 3: I logged into my portal and looked up the FE app. It looks like the their new app (0614) for your state is the same as mine. So you're in luck for your client. Call them to make sure, they're nice people.

On my app the question reads:

Have you ever been diagnosed or treated by a licensed member of the medical profession with:
2. Organ transplant (other than corneal), untreated Hepatitis C, kidney failure or dialysis, amputation due to diabetic complications, multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy, mental retardation, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) or Lou Gehrig’s disease, Downs’s syndrome, cystic fibrosis or Huntington’s disease?

On two different occasions I've called underwriting to confirm this and both times they have said that, yes, Hep C under treatment is Standard. Now on Part 3 of the app asks about Hep C again:

(b) Chronic hepatitis, Hepatitis C, cirrhosis of the liver, chronic pancreatitis, liver disease or kidney disease?

This question on Part 3 knocks it out of Preferred rates. Hep C that is not being actively treated is a decline but active treatment is Standard as well as being in a "cured" status, which is defined as a "zero viral count".

If you don't already have LBL then you can get a contract from Todd King. They are a good one to have for other conditions, too.

Last edited:
EDIT: I just took a look at the app (from Fex Quotes) from your state and it IS different than mine. So in other states the stuff below may or may not be correct.

EDIT 2: I also discovered that Fex Quote's must be using the same app for all quotes in all states (quotes for Florida use the same app as yours and is wrong for my state). I would call LBL to find out what your state's app really says for your state. It's quite possible that they use the same app as I have. When I called them today I never told them my agent number or what state I'm calling from, so you never know. It looks like the app Fex is using is 5 years old.

EDIT 3: I logged into my portal and looked up the FE app. It looks like the their new app (0614) for your state is the same as mine. So you're in luck for your client. Call them to make sure, they're nice people.

On my app the question reads:

Have you ever been diagnosed or treated by a licensed member of the medical profession with:
2. Organ transplant (other than corneal), untreated Hepatitis C, kidney failure or dialysis, amputation due to diabetic complications, multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy, mental retardation, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) or Lou Gehrig’s disease, Downs’s syndrome, cystic fibrosis or Huntington’s disease?

On two different occasions I've called underwriting to confirm this and both times they have said that, yes, Hep C under treatment is Standard. Now on Part 3 of the app asks about Hep C again:

(b) Chronic hepatitis, Hepatitis C, cirrhosis of the liver, chronic pancreatitis, liver disease or kidney disease?

This question on Part 3 knocks it out of Preferred rates. Hep C that is not being actively treated is a decline but active treatment is Standard as well as being in a "cured" status, which is defined as a "zero viral count".

If you don't already have LBL then you can get a contract from Todd King. They are a good one to have for other conditions, too.

Thanks again! Big help!

Back