How soon can I get a policy issued?

I heard banjo music the entire time I read this for some reason..............BTW, he must have had legitimate tax paying job at some point if he earned enough quarters of credit for SS & medicare. Otherwise, he would to be on some form of welfare programs of Medicaid, etc

Yeah, he had worked 10 years at some point in his life.

Suzy Orman? Really? Is she still a thing?

A long time client, maybe <20 years, calls to see if she should surrender her Gerber policy. OK, no issue, common call. But the reason is SO said if she plans on living a long time it is better to surrender and by a preneed policy.

I ask her how much time SO spent reviewing her policy and Bay Area funeral cost. "Oh, no time. She was on the radio". . All in all it was cool, got to review the other family policies I have with the family and catch up.

Oh, she is mid 70s and there are reasons she could only get a GI.

Suzy Orman?

Suzy Orman? Really? Is she still a thing?

A long time client, maybe <20 years, calls to see if she should surrender her Gerber policy. OK, no issue, common call. But the reason is SO said if she plans on living a long time it is better to surrender and by a preneed policy.

I ask her how much time SO spent reviewing her policy and Bay Area funeral cost. "Oh, no time. She was on the radio". . All in all it was cool, got to review the other family policies I have with the family and catch up.

Oh, she is mid 70s and there are reasons she could only get a GI.

Suzy Orman?

That is awesome that you are Suzy Ormans Final Expense agent.. Tell her the Big A says hey. Spent a summer back in the early 1970s on Lake Michigan with her before she was a lesbian. We spent time Splashing through the sand bar, Talking by the campfire. I have never forgotten the way the moonlight shined upon her hair (much longer back then). We were smoking funny things, drank whiskey out the bottle, not thinking 'bout tomorrow. Crazy to think she turned lesbian after that magical summer

I know it could be a HIPPA violation, but does she by chance have me as the bene on her final expense policy. It would mean the world to me if she does

That is awesome that you are Suzy Ormans Final Expense agent.. Tell her the Big A says hey. Spent a summer back in the early 1970s on Lake Michigan with her before she was a lesbian. We spent time Splashing through the sand bar, Talking by the campfire. I have never forgotten the way the moonlight shined upon her hair (much longer back then). We were smoking funny things, drank whiskey out the bottle, not thinking 'bout tomorrow. Crazy to think she turned lesbian after that magical summer

I know it could be a HIPPA violation, but does she by chance have me as the bene on her final expense policy. It would mean the world to me if she does

Well, unless she also transitioned into a fuller plus sized Black woman living in Oakland, CAchalk that chopped up post to my public education and lack of motivation as a wayward youth.

The best thing I ever learned from Suzi Ormon was that when someone asked her what CLU means after an insurance agents name she explained that it doesn’t mean anything. It’s a minimum requirement that all agents have to have to be licensed.
She’s very good at what she does.

The best thing I ever learned from Suzi Ormon was that when someone asked her what CLU means after an insurance agents name she explained that it doesn’t mean anything. It’s a minimum requirement that all agents have to have to be licensed.

that may be my fault. I made up a lot of stuff back in the day to impress her about the sexiness of us insurance men. A jilted lover like her that was willing to turn lesbian after being with me likely has a lot of pent up anger & vindictiveness towards insurance overall

Almost 20 years in and over 6000 life applications I'm tending to agree with her that the CLU designation really doesn't mean anything. :1wink:

So for us new folks... lol...I'm sensing a heavy amount of sarcasm but can't tell regarding the CLU discussion. Outside of Suzie's sexual preferences and the fluidity of said preferences, everything I've read is, its important to get the CLU... but like any professional designation, it doesn't mean anything unless you actually know what you're doing to begin with? So should I pursue it initially? Or pursue other designations first? Sorry not trying to hijack the thread but it looks like its already gone off the rails!

Back