How to report an Insurance Broker in Texas?

Of course, I should have known better then to have asked a group of people, incapable of being objective...
Just because you're not getting the answers you want to hear doesn't mean the advice isn't objective.

This is a contract/business dispute. It has nothing to do with the product being sold.

Sue them in small claims court.

What about entering into a commission agreement with an unlicensed agent, is that not a violation of regulations?

A few things, and this will be harsh.

First, assuming everything you say is true (which I don't), you're an (expletive deleted). You entered into this arrangement willingly. To then go and try to snitch to authorities about the arrangement makes me glad you got screwed and likely have no recourse. That's what you deserve. To do so in an attempt to avoid paying back $ you owe is also right on the line of blackmail per TX law.

Second, you borrowed money with the agreement you would maintain a certain level of activity and then DIDN'T follow through. You didn't like that you didn't get a specific answer to a question that probably didn't have a specific answer at the moment; A 5-location deal probably took awhile to work out/close, and it's impossible to know what commission will be until then. You were the one not holding up your end of the deal.

When the deal did close, the commission was 75% of what you initially expected. That happens all the time with deals like that. You've seen nothing that shows the commission was actually higher and you're refusing to pay back what you owe. They seem to have an iron-clad small claims case against you.

Lastly, good luck proving this to the TDI. It sounds like if there was anything non-Kosher about the arrangement they did enough to cover their tracks.

Of course, I should have known better then to have asked a group of people, incapable of being objective...

I am not a broker, have always been on the carrier side for 41 years. You came to a forum of insurance people, some sales, some not. You laid out your position and everyone who has replied to date stated you had no case. Instead of accepting their comments and thanking them you decided to trash them.

While I do not know you personally, from what I have read here it certainly seems to me that you were probably to blame for the mess you are in. How could you negotiate with someone for a job and leave out such an important issue such as compensation?

I think you're too entrenched in your own pain, anger, and disappointment to see objectively yourself. You are getting the advice you need to hear, not what you want to hear.

Btw, you are asking a LEGAL question. You knew that you were asking a bunch of insurance AGENTS (who do understand a little bit about contracts).

If you don't like it - go retain your own attorney. Go pay their fee to hear what you just heard for free.

Sounds like both parties need to just go their separate ways and chalk this up to a learning experience. The energy spent on a few hundred dollars is not worth it.

The agency is not going to sue the OP. The OP is not going to sue the agency.

Write a negative google review or BBB review.... and move on with your life.

What a little boy you are. Go live with your mother until you're ready to work with men.

And I think you've answered my question: all this foot-stamping about filing regulatory complaints because they entered into a relationship with an unlicensed agent only comes up when you aren't getting your way. If you'd been paid, you would not have been nobly protecting the public.

What about entering into a commission agreement with an unlicensed agent, is that not a violation of regulations?

Yes, it could be. But you are also exposing yourself as you have admitted to soliciting & marketing insurance without being licensed and/or appointed. So, you are defacto filing a complaint on yourself for actually breaking the insurance laws

Technically, it may not be a 'commission' agreement since an unlicensed agent cannot be listed on the application.

It would simply be classified as a marketing expense paid out by the agent.

Cant pay an unlicensed producer a split of commission, can only pay them for generating leads whether they lead to a sale or not. Paying only when sale happens or a percentage of sale requires proper licensing

Back