Humana updated their sep Disaster codes last week. They said still in nationwide covid dst?

SEP for COVID-19 available nationwide

A new Public Health Emergency regarding the consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic is in effect from April 16, 2022 until September 30, 2022. Learn more about this SEP. The SEP information is based on an executive order by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services.

Who's eligible?

Individuals are eligible for this SEP if they:

Reside, or resided at the start of the SEP eligibility period, described in this guidance, in an area for which a federal, state or local government entity has declared a disaster or other emergency. Or, they do not reside in an affected area, but rely on help making health care decisions from one or more individuals who reside in an affected area; and

Were eligible for another election period at the time of the SEP eligibility period; and

Did not make an election during that other valid election period due to the disaster or other emergency.

ON HOLD All agents should suspend use of SEP‐DST for COVID. CMS has advised all carriers must discontinue use of the 2020 national COVID‐19 Public Health Emergency as a qualifying disaster. Instead, carriers are instructed to use state declarations related to COVID to determine if SEP‐DST may be used for purposes of enrollment. In response, Humana is conducting an analysis of all states, and upon conclusion, will release guidance regarding the geographic locations in which SEP‐DST may be used to address COVID impacts.

I just got this out of Vantage today. Copied and pasted. It's posted in bottom right-hand side of vantage.

Dated 6/9/2022.

Not sure the date I got the go-ahead for Aetna DST from Aetna stating it was good through Sept, but it was very recent. :confused: I haven't checked Aetna's website yet for an update.

ON HOLD All agents should suspend use of SEP‐DST for COVID. CMS has advised all carriers must discontinue use of the 2020 national COVID‐19 Public Health Emergency as a qualifying disaster. Instead, carriers are instructed to use state declarations related to COVID to determine if SEP‐DST may be used for purposes of enrollment. In response, Humana is conducting an analysis of all states, and upon conclusion, will release guidance regarding the geographic locations in which SEP‐DST may be used to address COVID impacts.

I just got this out of Vantage today. Copied and pasted. It's posted in bottom right-hand side of vantage.

Dated 6/9/2022.

Not sure the date I got the go-ahead for Aetna DST from Aetna stating it was good through Sept, but it was very recent. :confused: I haven't checked Aetna's website yet for an update.
I just got the one from Aetna today. Nationwide through 09/30/2022.

I just got the one from Aetna today. Nationwide through 09/30/2022.
Good to know you just got it today. That's the same info I got from Aetna I think a few weeks ago. Wonder if it's correct and not outdated. I'll try it anyway, but now with Aetna only for a bit. I'll ask my Humana guy tomr what the real deal is... so far what I'm seeing is only certain carriers are honoring it.

Guess with all these nuances with medicare I can't just walk away from this sight:1wink: without needing to come back and look for something else. LOL. Was enrolling a new to medicare in the vantage sight today and just happened to see that little tidbit I posted above.:sad:

Dated 6/9/2022.

I submitted on 3 days ago seems to be processing well

Where in Vantage I dont see it the only thing I see is There have been slight changes to the Part D Savings Model or Insulin Savings Program

Good to know you just got it today. That's the same info I got from Aetna I think a few weeks ago. Wonder if it's correct and not outdated. I'll try it anyway, but now with Aetna only for a bit. I'll ask my Humana guy tomr what the real deal is... so far what I'm seeing is only certain carriers are honoring it.

Guess with all these nuances with medicare I can't just walk away from this sight:1wink: without needing to come back and look for something else. LOL. Was enrolling a new to medicare in the vantage sight today and just happened to see that little tidbit I posted above.:sad:

These things are funny they are subject to change

When I write one I let them know its not a guarantee because you never know when it will be rejected

I am not trying to make a living of it either hoping to never have more then one or 2 pending at the same time

I submitted on 3 days ago seems to be processing well

Where in Vantage I dont see it the only thing I see is There have been slight changes to the Part D Savings Model or Insulin Savings Program
it's on the bottom right hand corner in "additional resouces", directly under "compliance".

Back