I did good yesterday... real good.

Life Hawk

Guru
5000 Post Club
Completed an in person death claim yesterday with a beneficiary.

Once again, if you are an agent and not taking the time to complete these for the people you call clients, I feel you are both not doing yourself a favor nor are you being a professional agent. If you say your too busy making money to do this sort of thing... exactly, your just a salesman, not a professional agent.

In addition to being professional, the profound impact in dealing with those who are going through a major loss, solidifies in your being the important impact you make in the lives you touch through the products you offer. It also allows you to care for and relate with kindness and compassion those who are walking through loss. A loss all will suffer save the return of the King.

A loss your family will feel when you have departed.

More than just a salesman! I no longer need someone to tell me this, I feel it in my being... and it's worth a million bucks, but you couldn't buy it if you tried.

I slept very well last night. :)

We get paid to build relationships! How fun is that!?

The beni from yesterday shut me down hard 4 years ago when I wrote his girlfriend. He told me twice while starting the claim process, that he wanted to talk to me about coverage for him.

Advanced sales: Don't sale when you starting a claim process for the beni who is very close to the client. She passed on Monday, we met on Wednesday.

I requested that the claim paper work be e-mailed to me so that I could print out take it to the beni to sign while picking up the death cert to mail it in for him. That's when I'll talk about his coverage.

2 things will happen... I'm more prepared to be in the drivers seat, and he is a bit further down the emotional road.

Just me.

Unfortunately some CO’s don’t notify the agent of a claim . Had one recently with A carrier . They notify me 8 months after the initial claim. It was contestable and they wanted the agent form filled out . Had several times were Trans notified me it was paid but never got the original notification of the death .

Unfortunately some CO’s don’t notify the agent of a claim . Had one recently with A carrier . They notify me 8 months after the initial claim. It was contestable and they wanted the agent form filled out . Had several times were Trans notified me it was paid but never got the original notification of the death .

Have had good luck with Trans paying contestable claims. I have to look for letters I’m copied on regarding the claims packet when they are sent to beneficiaries.
Who else is going to issue level someone with COPD,inhalers,nebulizer.insured suffered heart attack had stents paced and prescribed isosorbide,nitro,26 months prior to the application paying with DE ?

Have had good luck with Trans paying contestable claims. I have to look for letters I’m copied on regarding the claims packet when they are sent to beneficiaries.
Who else is going to issue level someone with COPD,inhalers,nebulizer.insured suffered heart attack had stents paced and prescribed isosorbide,nitro,26 months prior to the application paying with DE ?

Yes I’ve had a few claims rejected with Trans . Honestly It’s 50/50 getting contestable claim paid in fe .Many people very sick these CO’s take and when it comes claim time they find a loophole . I know agents will say this and that . I got many friends in fe with same exp on Contestable claims . But thankfully I have very few comparatively.

Yes I’ve had a few claims rejected with Trans . Honestly It’s 50/50 getting contestable claim paid in fe .Many people very sick these CO’s take and when it comes claim time they find a loophole . I know agents will say this and that . I got many friends in fe with same exp on Contestable claims . But thankfully I have very few comparatively.

The industry average, according to every FE company exec I’ve ever asked about it, is 40%.

of course that includes Americo whom I would be surprised to learn they pay over 10% and companies like LH that I would also be surprised to learn pays over 10%.

Most companies will not tell you what percentage of contestable claims they pay.

When settlers was in business I tried several times to get Bontell to say what percentage they pay. Because they advertised they paid 98% + of claims.

He never would say the percentage of contestable.

Supposedly CFG told their agents at their annual convention that they pay 48% of contestable claims. No idea if that’s true or not.

Back