I did good yesterday... real good.

I write very little, almost no, GI. So I guess I do walk from those. The rest I don't guess. If they answer the qualifying questions properly then I write them.

I don't know how long they will live. While I don't write GI, I do write graded. And always have. I can't remember a person that I wrote graded on dying in the first 2 years.

I wrote what I thought was a very sickly guy with Aetna graded 12 years ago at age 84. He's 96 now and still paying. he has paid in more than the death benefit by now. But he's OK with it because he's still here.

I have 2 instances of people dying very soon after I wrote them. One guy died 2 weeks after I wrote him. One lady died one month into her policy. Both of those were super healthy, or so it seemed, at the application. Both were paid too.

One was 5 Star. One was KSKJ. I did have 2 instances where 5 Star didn't pay contestable claims. I forgot about them when I responded earlier.

So both 5 Star and Settlers are gone.Non contestable claims.

What do you do in regards to any death claim filed with either company whereas the beneficiary is getting screwed around,delayed on collecting ?

Seems like the agent has zero influence,can only guide the beneficiary to file a complaint with the DOI ?

Should they file a complaint in the state the company has their home office as well as the state of the decedent’s residence?

What do you do in regards to any death claim filed with either company whereas the beneficiary is getting screwed around,delayed on collecting ?

Seems like the agent has zero influence,can only guide the beneficiary to file a complaint with the DOI ?

Should they file a complaint in the state the company has their home office as well as the state of the decedent’s residence?
State of residence

The agent better not be found to have been guiding the beneficiaies to file a DOI complaint against his own company.

And I don't know what you mean about 5 Star and Settlers being gone and non contestable claims.

The agent better not be found to have been guiding the beneficiaies to file a DOI complaint against his own company.

And I don't know what you mean about 5 Star and Settlers being gone and non contestable claims.

They are not issuing new business.
Settlers gone since 11/18…….
Policies out of the contestability period.

They are not issuing new business.
Settlers gone since 11/18…….
Policies out of the contestability period.

Right. But the 5 Star I mentioned was in the contestability period.

I never had a contestable claim with Settlers. I don't know anything about how well they paid or didn't pay.

Right. But the 5 Star I mentioned was in the contestability period.

I never had a contestable claim with Settlers. I don't know anything about how well they paid or didn't pay.
Pre receivership days when they were owned by the founders, they paid good. :yes: But then, they did everything better in those days.

Pre receivership days when they were owned by the founders, they paid good. :yes: But then, they did everything better in those days.
I helped a Settlers client today who needs a policy loan. She asked me how long it would take to be processed. I said when they were still being run by the people in Bristol, just a few days. But now:
whatever-shrug.gif

Back