I Wanna Know what You Do....

John Galt

Guru
100+ Post Club
Jawga
OK so being in the FE industry has been quite the adventure the past couple of years. What I wanna know is how do some of you guys unwind and put the deadbeats out of your mind.

Hobbies?
Travel?
Kids activities?

What do you do to make sure you dont get too jaded or grizzled, I am 100% aware of making sure to not get emotional when dealing with Uncle Sugars step child. How do you guys let off steam so you can return the next week and the next week over and over and keep on smiling and actually appearing to give a rats behind in the home? I do it but just wonder what makes some of you other guys tick.

I'm not even licensed yet but have to deal with the public and rejection constantly. Beer and photography go a long way besides dealing with daily life of a wife and two kids. For additional punishment I'll buy and resell vintage camera gear if I need more abuse.

OK so being in the FE industry has been quite the adventure the past couple of years. What I wanna know is how do some of you guys unwind and put the deadbeats out of your mind.

Hobbies?
Travel?
Kids activities?

What do you do to make sure you dont get too jaded or grizzled, I am 100% aware of making sure to not get emotional when dealing with Uncle Sugars step child. How do you guys let off steam so you can return the next week and the next week over and over and keep on smiling and actually appearing to give a rats behind in the home? I do it but just wonder what makes some of you other guys tick.

Um maybe don't think of them as deadbeats and don't simply 'appear' to care.. :1wink:

oh,

+ booz

++GBP football and Badger football and hoops

+++big huge annuity sales

UK Basketball seems to do it for JD.

I don't need anything to put that stuff out of mind because I don't feel that way about my job.

Now, putting the companies and their BS out of mind? That's a different story.

Just had that argument with another agent recently. He was kissing up to the companies and saying they pay us and we wouldn't have anything if it weren't for the almighty company.

My argument is that the clients are the ones that pay me. The insurance company is the middle man.

I didn't convince him and he didn't convince me. I do kinda feel sorry for him though.:yes:

I dunno about the FE field but alcohol helps with med supps...

I concur. My liver is not a fan of my work.

What really helps is to keep business and home life completely separate. I have an office outside of my house, I do not take calls on my cell phone, I do not get emails on my phone. When I leave the office, I leave the office.
I know some people can't do it, because they have a home office, but shut the door and walk away in the evening. If we allow our clients to call/email/text/send carrier pigeons 24/7 we will never get a break. I nipped that crap in the bud years ago and my clients respect that.

So I go home, yell at my kids and drink heavily. Just like the rest of the working world.:D

I love working and can hardly do anything else. But if you are asking what we do when we aren't working:

1. Play with my dogs

2. Play with my motorcycle

3. Go out and get a good steak dinner.

4. On Sundays I love to go to open houses but I really don't need a bigger house so I'm just a tire kicker at those.

5. Evenings with NetFlicks.

6. If I'm near a mountain I enjoy being drove to the top and ride a bike back down. But none of that pedaling stuff for me. Got to be down hill.

Um maybe don't think of them as deadbeats and don't simply 'appear' to care.. :1wink:

oh,

+ booz

++GBP football and Badger football and hoops

+++big huge annuity sales

I forgot to mention only seasoned and licensed agents should post.

----------

I concur. My liver is not a fan of my work.

What really helps is to keep business and home life completely separate. I have an office outside of my house, I do not take calls on my cell phone, I do not get emails on my phone. When I leave the office, I leave the office.
I know some people can't do it, because they have a home office, but shut the door and walk away in the evening. If we allow our clients to call/email/text/send carrier pigeons 24/7 we will never get a break. I nipped that crap in the bud years ago and my clients respect that.

So I go home, yell at my kids and drink heavily. Just like the rest of the working world.:D

Yep i have nooooo problem with any of that lol

----------

I don't need anything to put that stuff out of mind because I don't feel that way about my job.

Now, putting the companies and their BS out of mind? That's a different story.

Just had that argument with another agent recently. He was kissing up to the companies and saying they pay us and we wouldn't have anything if it weren't for the almighty company.

My argument is that the clients are the ones that pay me. The insurance company is the middle man.

I didn't convince him and he didn't convince me. I do kinda feel sorry for him though.:yes:

You know what i mean, the deadbeats and dingbats, the worst offenders are the middle and upperclass prospects lol

I love working and can hardly do anything else. But if you are asking what we do when we aren't working:

1. Play with my dogs

2. Play with my motorcycle

3. Go out and get a good steak dinner.

4. On Sundays I love to go to open houses but I really don't need a bigger house so I'm just a tire kicker at those.

5. Evenings with NetFlicks.

6. If I'm near a mountain I enjoy being drove to the top and ride a bike back down. But none of that pedaling stuff for me. Got to be down hill.

You left out your new hobby......NASCAR! :biggrin: Jo's hooked now.

Back