I Wanna Know what You Do....

Honestly for me this job isn't that stressful for me at all. My previous job was in heavy engineering construction. I wrote checks for $60k for a flat tire, and my liability insurance annual premium was $55k. I had an operator that claimed his scraper caused a back injury...the guy was 5'-0" 300lbs...hmmm. All those big checks...and I paid myself a whopping $60k/year. That job caused some sleepless nights. Decided to leave it behind...sold everything and barely broke even. Stress??? Yep.

Let's see....I don't drink...I don't have any otter twins (wouldn't know what to do with them anyway)...however I do like to watch GBP lose.

What Cindy said about taking calls after hours and leaving work at the office really makes sense actually. I love to fish. Offshore fishing is the best, but early morning at any bass fishing lake/res is what does it fer me. I started jogging in the mornings before I start my day...3-4 days a week. Makes me feel happier. My frustration with FE is the stupid bank issues people have. That's about it, and it ain't that bad.

Hope this goes in the right spot---have read this for years but havent posted in many moons. So hope this works

One of the great things about being an agent of ANY kind---PC/Medicare/FE etc--is that we work for our clients not the carriers. They are our vendors

And looking for new clients is just like looking for a new job--if I think they are deadbeats, dimbulbs, trouble makers--I dont do business with them

On the other hand---I have and will spend a LOT of time with Seniors that have their coverages all goofed up and no family to help--maybe too much time. But I get paid well and I sleep good that night. And MAN to they refer!

So my input is---dont do business with people like that! CHOOSE your clients, chances are you will be with them a long time!

I love working and can hardly do anything else. But if you are asking what we do when we aren't working:

1. Play with my dogs

2. Play with my motorcycle

3. Go out and get a good steak dinner.

4. On Sundays I love to go to open houses but I really don't need a bigger house so I'm just a tire kicker at those.

5. Evenings with NetFlicks.

6. If I'm near a mountain I enjoy being drove to the top and ride a bike back down. But none of that pedaling stuff for me. Got to be down hill.
I CANT BELIEVE IT!!!
After all the deadbeats who waste your time and money mailing in leads when they have absolutely no intention of buying, and on your day off, YOU DO THE SAME THING at open houses!!!
By the way, this might lead to another post: True stories of the most worthless "prospects" ever to send in a lead.
To start, I worked as an aide years ago at a psych hospital. There was a patient with a severe case of schizophrenia who love to send in reply cards.
Sometimes salespeople went to the nuthouse to visit him, thinking he was probably an employee.

----------

By the way, I have read that in the Talmud the ancient rabbis stated their opinion that it was a serious sin to waste a salesmans time bargaining over a purchase when you have no intention of buying.
I am not Jewish; maybe anybody who is an expert on the Talmud could confirm or deny this.
Do they give out a lot of goodies and snacks and stuff at those open houses where you waste their time pretending to be interested?

Back