I Will Never Do Business with Transamerica Again

Most agents will (and should) take the simplest/easiest path in getting their clients approved at a competitive rate. When you compare Trans side-by-side with other carriers...they are far more difficult to deal with...hands down. But for all their faults they also take so many crazy health conditions PREFERRED that many others will rate, or decline. The Pros far outweigh the Cons...imho. I'm in this business to get paid as much as I possibly can...if that means I have to swallow the big ugly nasty Trans pill...then I'll do it. Whatever it takes I suppose. However...I feel your pain.

Most agents will (and should) take the simplest/easiest path in getting their clients approved at a competitive rate. When you compare Trans side-by-side with other carriers...they are far more difficult to deal with...hands down. But for all their faults they also take so many crazy health conditions PREFERRED that many others will rate, or decline. The Pros far outweigh the Cons...imho. I'm in this business to get paid as much as I possibly can...if that means I have to swallow the big ugly nasty Trans pill...then I'll do it. Whatever it takes I suppose. However...I feel your pain.

Well said. Same way I think.

$80,000 this month in premium? FE premium? Man if that's the case I'm going to quit what I'm doing right now and come find you so I can learn everything you know.

:1confused:

You are obviously having a better expereince than I am, and others that are not thrilled with their service.
Still -- glad to hear you are doing well. I am envious. ;)

He is making fun of us and is probably not even selling FE. Very little, if anything, that comes from that guy is real.

Yeah, anytime there is a small issue, the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing and it can easily turn into a nightmare with them. I had a similar issue when I screwed up and applied for a client with the wrong age.

1. Why did you use the same Cover Sheet?
2. Why in the world would you put the client back with them after they screwed them up in the first place?
3. What was the health issue that led to you putting them with Transamerica?

The only reason we re-applied to Trans is her weight...she's a big woman and Monumental /Trans does not have a weight table.

This is a very frustrating company to work with, especially considering how easy it would be for them to create a more agent friendly underwritting process. It seems that it's like Comcast, they just don't think in terms of customer service. They initiate or change policies and procedures and forms without anyone ever stopping to think how it might impact agents, or how best to communicate these things. As it was already said on this thread, the right hand has no idea what the left is doing. One department makes rules without ever considering the downline consequences.

Unfortunatley, sometimes they are the only company that will give the client a good price. :mad: and then we are left with doing the right thing for the client even if it feels like bamboo under the fingernails.

The only reason we re-applied to Trans is her weight...she's a big woman and Monumental /Trans does not have a weight table.

This is a very frustrating company to work with, especially considering how easy it would be for them to create a more agent friendly underwritting process. It seems that it's like Comcast, they just don't think in terms of customer service. They initiate or change policies and procedures and forms without anyone ever stopping to think how it might impact agents, or how best to communicate these things. As it was already said on this thread, the right hand has no idea what the left is doing. One department makes rules without ever considering the downline consequences.

Unfortunatley, sometimes they are the only company that will give the client a good price. :mad: and then we are left with doing the right thing for the client even if it feels like bamboo under the fingernails.
sounds like you wrote a solutions policy. I worked for them when they were mon life for 5 years and have the crt ring. They paid claims really well. I had a guy killed after 7 months. He went to night club in cincy and was mistook for someone else. There home office was something else.

even with a 27 page app they are easy to get stuff issues with
LOL!! Just kidding about the 27 page app. I have missed a sign spot SEVERAL times.

How many trees have died to make Transamerica profitable... a tear comes to my eye as I think of the treeless landscape my children will have to endure because of this... :cry:

just kidding... more like a smirk because of the mind numb mistakes that are so easy to make when filling out that "Novel" of an app... not to mention writers cramp... :skeptical::spinny:

Back