Just Got This from FMO on Plan N with Mutual of Omaha

It would be nice if everyone could afford a Plan F, not everyone can though. That's why the MAPD plans worked out for a lot of the people that in the past just had Medicare only because they couldn't afford anyting else.

[FONT=&quot]Plan N Will Essentially be Guarantee ISSUE![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Yes, you heard me right Guarantee Issue with Mutual of Omaha. There will be one question on the application in the following states: CO, FL, IL, KS, KY, LA, ME, MO, MS, NH, OR, PA, SD and WI. That Question is "Do you Have End Stage Renal Disease"?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]In the other 29 states NO UNDERWRITING for Plan N![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]AT THIS JUNCTURE THE PLANS M AND N ARE ONLY APPROVED IN THE FOLLOWING STATES:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Mutual of Omaha States Approved for M and N[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Maine and Nebraska[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]United World States Approved for M and N[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Alabama, Montana, South Dakota, Wyoming, Utah[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]United of Omaha Approved for M and N[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Arkansas, Idaho, Iowa, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, OHio, Oklahoma, West Virginia[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]States Will Not Release Until Wednesday March 10,2010[/FONT]

That is great news.

As slow as FL. DOI is though, it may be 2011 before it's approved!:skeptical:

I dont really want to be a voltswagon salesman er I mean I dont really see anything good about those 'N" plans so far. Im going to be selling cadillacs er I mean "F" plans around here. My clients and myself as well dont want to get into that "N" plan" nonsense with its dedutibles and percentages. Nope we like to keep it simple with no deductibes and no co pays. Its the well known KISS concept "keep it simple stupid". And its the right thing to do to. Its bad enough to be old and dealing with all the pains and ailments that go along with it you dont need to be spending time scourring over bills making sure you are not being over charged. You just want to keep it simple with the "F" plan where everything is paid for. :1arghh:

Yoda - since you're the Medicare master, please tell us what the difference is between Plan N and Plan F. I fail to see any "percentages" but then again, I'm only here to learn from you.

(Don't anyone else answer. This is for Yoda).

Rick

In today's modern high-tech doctor offices there is likely a sign for Yoda's ex-clients that reads: "Co-pays due prior to your visit"

Which part of the Guarantee ISSUE did you miss! :goofy:

We can always count on the Sman! :) Thanks...

Amen to that Russ!

I just checked BC/BS of FL. on their website and I can't find any of their modernized plans approved in this state. I put in a June of 1945 birth date for a premium quote and it still shows the standardized plans.

This is pathetic in Florida. I don't understand what the delay is when the only difference for most plans is adding a part A coinsurance for Hospice care.

Anyone know of any company in Florida approved for the modernized plans? 82 days and counting.

It's not just Florida. Same issue here in Georgia. The way our commissioners office works (if you want to call it that) is once the rates are submitted for approval, they have 90 days to accept them. If they do nothing, it becomes effective after 90 days. So most carriers submit their plans to Georgia and after 90 days they become effective since they commissioners office doesn't bother to approve anything earlier than that.

It's not just Florida. Same issue here in Georgia. The way our commissioners office works (if you want to call it that) is once the rates are submitted for approval, they have 90 days to accept them. If they do nothing, it becomes effective after 90 days. So most carriers submit their plans to Georgia and after 90 days they become effective since they commissioners office doesn't bother to approve anything earlier than that.

You're in better shape.......you've got United of Omaha to offer folks for a 6-1-2010 or later effective date..."""Georgia United of Omaha."""......from MoO's website on states approved.

As far as I know we have nothing in Florida. On MoO's implementation guideline it was suppose to be set up where you could market the modernized plans up to 6 months before June 1st, 2010 or....December 1st, 2009. Three + months after Dec. 1st and it's still unavailable. It's also unavailable with AARP.

This job is tough enough without this....especially for me because I cold-call T65's about 4 months before Medicare effective dates. Or I use to.

Last edited:
Back