Just Got This from FMO on Plan N with Mutual of Omaha

Plan N still isn't available and I have no idea when it will be. Yes, I can continue to sell Plan F so I guess from that standpoint I am in better shape.

Plan N still isn't available and I have no idea when it will be. Yes, I can continue to sell Plan F so I guess from that standpoint I am in better shape.

True.

I didn't realize you were talking about a specific plan(N).

That is great news.

As slow as FL. DOI is though, it may be 2011 before it's approved!:skeptical:

You are not kidding and sadly so..
Still waiting for Gerber approval....
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
You're in better shape.......you've got United of Omaha to offer folks for a 6-1-2010 or later effective date..."""Georgia United of Omaha."""......from MoO's website on states approved.

As far as I know we have nothing in Florida. On MoO's implementation guideline it was suppose to be set up where you could market the modernized plans up to 6 months before June 1st, 2010 or....December 1st, 2009. Three + months after Dec. 1st and it's still unavailable. It's also unavailable with AARP.

This job is tough enough without this....especially for me because I cold-call T65's about 4 months before Medicare effective dates. Or I use to.

I'ma feelin your pain as I sell for MoO, AARP, Gerber, and American Pioneer and can't sell any plan effective 6/1 or later.

Talk about "hurry up and wait"...:1err:

Last edited:
Ya'll want a funny one.

I called my FMO for Blue Cross of KC today to ask about BCBS's plans for the modernized plans.

She didn't have a clue what I was talking about. No ****. This is a quote:

"When did all these changes come about?"

My response:

Ummm.... like almost a year ago, most companies have information on thier websites, Medicare has information on it's site... it's everywhere.

BCBS of Georgia already has their info online. Plan N for a 65-69 year old (unisex rates) is $115 or $111 depending on which area a person lives. Their Plan F rate is $166 or $161.

Interestingly enough, the Insurance Commissioner in Georgia is married to a BCBS executive. I wonder if that has anything to do with them already having their plans approved in Georgia.

Tennessee still only has 1 company with rates out for N (aarp), and by looks of things it almost appears that MOO and Gerber won't be offering one.

Modernized Outlines of coverage for United of Omaha & United World are out on the Mutual of Omaha site and available for supply order now - I printed everything off myself yesterday directly from the site with pricing. United of Omaha includes Plans M & N for MO (which is what I was interested in). Just go out there & get them.

I was just thinking about this this morning as I checked with MoO and AARP to see if there might be a one-in-a-million chance of either company being approved in Florida on the modernized supplements(not!)...with AARP we only have until May 1st, 2010 to write anything with them.

Actually it's probably right before May 1st, 2010...because they only make policies effective the first of the month. Anything written after May 1st, will be declined because it won't be effective until June 1st, 2010 and it has to be a modernized issued policy.

I'm getting real close to calling the FL. DOI. and letting them know what I think. In a respectful way....of course.:D

Just for the heck of it I just called American Pioneer Life to see if there modernized plans are approved in Florida...nope.

Last edited:
I called the GA DOI late last year to try and find out when they were going to approve UoO here. Prior to my call I was able to get the name of the person who heads up that department. I left him a voice message and also sent him an email. This was around 3:00 p.m. By the next morning I got an email from my FMO telling me that Mutual of Omaha asked them to contact me to tell me not to contact the DOI.

I kindly informed my FMO that as a citizen and taxpayer in Georgia, I have every right to contact the DOI. I never heard anything else from anyone about it.

Back