Krisp Noise Cancelling App for Windows/Mac

DHK

RFC®, ChFC®, CLU®
5000 Post Club
Krisp | Noise Cancellation and Echo Removal

Just saw this pop up in my YouTube ads and it's FREE! Well, it's free for 240 minutes a week. A paid account is either $12 monthly or $60/year ($5/monthly) for UNLIMITED time!

I just downloaded it but haven't had a chance to test it yet.

This can be a LIFESAVER - especially for parents of young children!

Here's the pricing:
Krisp | Pricing

While it's great for conferencing apps like Zoom, you can also use it for voice calls from your computer, like Google Voice! Just change your mic and speaker settings to the 'krisp' software and it should work perfectly.

This post is great timing. I was about to put up acoustical foam on my wall... these hardwood floors and plaster walls echo like crazy. Thanks David.

Reactions: DHK
I went ahead and purchased the pro version.

Since I have a referral link, you can get one month of free Pro version (unlimited time vs 240 minutes a week):

Does it bother you having background noise in your online meetings? try installing Krisp -
Krisp | Noise Cancelling App
- It saved my life!

Now I can have a meeting from anywhere without people asking me to mute my mic.
@krispHQ #KrispON"

FWIW, I got Krisp when it first came out a few years back for a one time fee (Pro version).

It works pretty well overall, but definitely depends on the level of noise you're talking about.

I've got a 6 year old niece and a 4 year old nephew to help mask their noises (without a muzzle!). Also they're being home-schooled, so being able to mask everything (relatively well) will be a godsend!

I'll put together a demo video on it at some point.

Even in the ad above, I could tell there's a bit of technology masking their voices, but that's still a great improvement!

This appears to be a very comprehensive review.

When the noise is loud, while it will mask the noise, it'll muffle the speaker's voice. So you'd probably need to repeat what you said. But without it, you'd still have to repeat what you said anyway.

Back