Lead Connections Fixed Cost Leads

I'd prefer the more accurate if there is this big of a difference. Why is one more accurate than the other ?

No dog in this fight, but really?
You'd prefer 98% accuracy on 1000 names, over 85% accuracy on, say, 40,000 names?

If you are not allergic to disconnected phones, I'd encourage reconsidering that opinion.

I prefer the more accurate lists too...

Sure, in a vacuum.
But again, would you prefer 98% accuracy on 1000 names over 85% accuracy on 10,000, or 100,000?

Maybe I'm missing something, and if I am, feel free to correct me. But it seems like $50 gets me either a month of all-i-can-eat, at 85%--- or 2500 at 98%.

Why would anyone take the 2500 names?

----------

Nobody is using 40k names a month.

Does the data have to be used in 30 days? Obviously, the longer it sits, the more it degrades, but still ...

You'd prefer 98% accuracy on 1000 names, over 85% accuracy on, say, 40,000 names?

If you are not allergic to disconnected phones, I'd encourage reconsidering that opinion.

Fair points.

We're also using the 85% number and 98% number assuming those are what's really going on. I have some folks that get much better than 85%, some that get worse. the ones that are doing worse than that are doing bad with data from either source. I advertise the more accurate data at 95%-97% and include a 100% replacement guarantee.

Another point I'm surprised hasn't been covered is that the higher quality data includes cell phone numbers which means if you're using a multi-line dialer (ATDS to be more technical), you're breaking the law and risking fines. With ListShack.com we had someone claim that some cell phones were slipping through (that latter admitted he never actually even signed up for the service) and found that the system we were using wasn't getting all of the wireless blocks correctly identified. We don't market on that point heavily, but we remove most cell phones.

I also have clients using over 100k records/day :) The free market is a beautiful thing.

Sure, in a vacuum.
But again, would you prefer 98% accuracy on 1000 names over 85% accuracy on 10,000, or 100,000?

Maybe I'm missing something, and if I am, feel free to correct me. But it seems like $50 gets me either a month of all-i-can-eat, at 85%--- or 2500 at 98%.

Why would anyone take the 2500 names?

----------

Does the data have to be used in 30 days? Obviously, the longer it sits, the more it degrades, but still ...

Are you talking about 40k names still? Most agents are using less than 2k per month. Does it have to be used in 30 days? , it is yours to use for however long you want. I'm not sure I understand your question though.:err:

This entire argument about lists is worthless and really simply promoted by Josh to help him promote his business.

My business is selling insurance. I want to get back some of the $2,000 I laid out so am helping agents get the highest quality data at a very low price of $20/1,000. If you want 40,000 names with less accurate data go ahead.

If the $20 is too low, anyone who wants this data is welcome to pay me the low, low price of $69/1,000 since that was promoted as a wonderful bargain in the past.

No matter how much Josh tries he can't bother me. I'm not in the list business. If someone buys 2,000 from me I make $20. Not really a big part of my mortgage payment.

There is only one person here that seems to want to make what I doing somehow less than honest - and we ALL know who that is.

Buy your list where you want. I'll keep being a successful insurance agent - unlike others here.

Rick

If Josh sells lists at a price his customers feel is fair, then more power to him. That's business! I use his lists. He has handed out a lot of helpful advise on this forum without spewing insults at people on here trying trying to learn the system.
So, Rick and the cheerleaders can kiss a biggun'.

The following quote is spot on.

"You have a long and reputation for being exactly the type of person you are. Just look at your avatar and your post history. You mock and ridicule agents for posting questions on here you think are stupid. Right off the bat, your avatar says "YOU ARE A COMPLETE ****NG MORON!" "

If Josh sells lists at a price his customers feel is fair, then more power to him. That's business! I use his lists. He has handed out a lot of helpful advise on this forum without spewing insults at people on here trying trying to learn the system.
So, Rick and the cheerleaders can kiss a biggun'.

The following quote is spot on.

"You have a long and reputation for being exactly the type of person you are. Just look at your avatar and your post history. You mock and ridicule agents for posting questions on here you think are stupid. Right off the bat, your avatar says "YOU ARE A COMPLETE ****NG MORON!" "

I appreciate Rick selling the data so cheap and obviously so do tons of other people who have contacted me recently. Just because Josh doesn't agree with it doesn't make Rick a bad person. So that is great you buy your list from Josh and pay more for less quality. That is your right and I am proud of you...:yes:

Me either. Other than seeing what is best for an agent.

Here is what I was thinking. Maybe somebody can clarify.

Telemarketing : every 100 calls, I have an extra 13 dials. Or 13% of the list. Kinda annoying. But maybe the sales dialers smooth right over this problem ?

Maybe it is worth it for the price ?

Direct Mail:

Maybe it is just scrubbed out against the NCOA at the vendor level ?

Maybe you don't lose anything, as you can just add more after scrubbing out NCOA ?

Or are their other potential inaccuracies ?

Door knocking:

If would really get annoying the extra walking, driving if you are knocking on 13 extra houses. Maybe I am missing something ?

Last edited:
Back