Lead Connections Fixed Cost Leads

I appreciate Rick selling the data so cheap and obviously so do tons of other people who have contacted me recently. Just because Josh doesn't agree with it doesn't make Rick a bad person. So that is great you buy your list from Josh and pay more for less quality. That is your right and I am proud of you...:yes:

Re read the quote about Rick's comments to other posters and then re read my comment about Rick and his cheerleaders.

Me either. Other than seeing what is best for an agent.

Here is what I was thinking. Maybe Josh can add something.

Telemarketing : every 100 calls, I have an extra 13 dials. Or 13% of the list. Kinda annoying. But maybe the sales dialers smooth right over this problem ?

Maybe it is worth it for the price ?

Direct Mail:

Maybe it is just scrubbed out against the NCOA at the vendor level ?

Maybe you don't lose anything, as you can just add more after scrubbing out NCOA ?

Or are their other potential inaccuracies ?

Door knocking:

If would really get annoying the extra walking, driving if you are knocking on 13 extra houses. Maybe I am missing something ?

Okay. I see some totally legit points there. For knocking, you're darn right that every extra house can be a drag.

Here is what I was thinking. Maybe Josh can add something.

These are some great questions:

Telemarketing : every 100 calls, I have an extra 13 dials. Or 13% of the list. Kinda annoying. But maybe the sales dialers smooth right over this problem ?

You can't call cell phones using SalesDialers or any dialer for that matter without risking fines. With ListShack.com | Unlimited Sales Leads we remove most cell phones. When it launched that was actually a part of the sales pitch, but the courts have ruled that you can't rely on a list vendor for DNC (TCPA) compliance and it's also something that needs to be done every 15 days. We do clean through it and again, we get most out, but the LRG data includes cell phones. In fact, if you buy direct, right on their contract they point out that you're responsible for it.

That all said, any disconnected numbers most dialers will just kick out and not even touch.

Maybe it is worth it for the price ?

It could be. If you're dialing by hand it's absolutely a consideration. In hard numbers if you had a 95%+ accurate list you'd get about 1 number out of 20 that were bad, if it was 85% you'd get 3 out of 20.

Direct Mail:
Maybe it is just scrubbed out against the NCOA at the vendor level ?[/quote]

I'm working on running a NCOA scrub on the ListShack data over the next two weeks.

Maybe you don't lose anything, as you can just add more after scrubbing out NCOA ?

If you run NCOA assume you'll lose 10%. You might only lose a few percent, but that's a save margin. Most mail houses are going to provide lists anyway.

Or are their other potential inaccuracies ?

Absolutely. About once a week my wife gets junk mail for hearing aids. They apparently think she's at least twice the age she is. I don't know how that got compiled, but Experian/Axciom/whoever permanently think that. When folks are talking about "bad data" with consumer records that usually means bad numbers, but it can also be flat out wrong information. If Bob Smith ditches his landline to buy a cell phone, then a period of time passes and his old number goes to someone else, he might very well still have the same birthday, income, address, etc, but now the phone number would go to someone completely unrelated if it wasn't disconnected.

Door knocking:
If would really get annoying the extra walking, driving if you are knocking on 13 extra houses. Maybe I am missing something ?

With door knocking I think you always would want to go with the LRG data UNLESS you just ran a fresh NCOA on it. That said, I have folks that door knock with ListShack and are happy with it. I have a guy that's been buying LRG data from me for years that door knocks with it as his sole lead source.

If Josh sells lists at a price his customers feel is fair, then more power to him. That's business! I use his lists. He has handed out a lot of helpful advise on this forum without spewing insults at people on here trying trying to learn the system.

That would be ADVICE. But then I wouldn't expect you to know the difference. (Oh no! An attack.) But then again, you decided to spew your insults at me in this thread already.

And he's here selling crap to agents. And it's the ONLY reason he's here. Of course he wants to be perceived as being a sweetheart. I tell the truth and couldn't care less if an agent buys a list from me.

I'm sure you'd rather pay $69 instead of $20 for the same data. Why not? You like Josh and hate me. But that isn't the point of all this. Personalities are not the issue. Quality lists are what we're discussing.

Here's my advice (note the spelling) to Josh. Stop trying to put down what I'm doing. You won't win and this publicity is not helping you. No charge because I'm a giver.

Rick

Last edited:
That would be ADVICE. But then I wouldn't expect you to know the difference. (Oh no! An attack.) But they again, you decided to spew your insults at me in this thread already.

And he's here selling crap to agents. And it's the ONLY reason he's here. Of course he wants to be perceived as being a sweetheart. I tell the truth and couldn't care less if an agent buys a list from me.

I'm sure you'd rather pay $69 instead of $20 for the same data. Why not. You like Josh and hate me. But that isn't the point of all this. Personalities are not the issue. Quality lists are what we're discussing.

Here's my advice (not the spelling) to Josh. Stop trying to put down what I'm doing. You won't win and this publicity is not helping you. No charge because I'm a giver.

Rick

I have not interpreted what Josh has said about your lists any more of a "Put down" as to what you have said about him and his lists. I have interpreted your comments about him and many other people on here as a "put down", though. So, let me repeat what I said before; You and your cheer leaders can kiss a biggun'.. SPELL THAT! :yes:

Here's my advice (note the spelling) to Josh. Stop trying to put down what I'm doing. You won't win and this publicity is not helping you. No charge because I'm a giver.

I thought you said I can't bother you. I've publicly said you're giving away a bargain. You're at less than 20% of retail on a great product. Sell away man. For as long as you're still doing it that's a fantastic bargain. How have I been putting down what you're doing? All things considered I think I've been very supportive of your list business.

You can't call cell phones using SalesDialers or any dialer for that matter without risking fines.

If calling by hand, cell phones are fair game as long as they are scrubbed against DNC ?

Some people may want those ?

I'm working on running a NCOA scrub on the ListShack data over the next two weeks.

With door knocking I think you always would want to go with the LRG data UNLESS you just ran a fresh NCOA on it.

There is no way for an agent to do this on their own without an extra cost ?

That said, I have folks that door knock with ListShack and are happy with it. I have a guy that's been buying LRG data from me for years that door knocks with it as his sole lead source.

Not stirring the pot, I honestly don't know, you also sell the LRG data at $69 a 1,000, which is the controversy here ?

I only see the unlimited on your site. Nice model by the way!

:twitchy:

If calling by hand, cell phones are fair game as long as they are scrubbed against DNC ?

Correct.

Some people may want those ?

Absolutely.

There is no way for an agent to do this on their own without an extra cost ?

Remove cell phones? Absolutely. It's over $2,000 in licensing alone and then you have to actually manage the data and run the scrubs.

Not stirring the pot, I honestly don't know, you also sell the LRG data at $69 a 1,000, which is the controversy here ?

For years I've sold LRG data for $69/1,000 (price goes down with volume). I paid someone to call up a dozen companies and do some price shopping. The average for 1,000 records was around $100, usually higher. Using that model I grew, but there wasn't anything particularly noteworthy about it. I still offer that, but my primary focus is the unlimited product. The controversy here is Rick doesn't like me and this is how he's choosing to display it. The byproduct is agents get better prices on data for as long as Rick feels like doing it so the agents win.

I only see the unlimited on your site. Nice model by the way!

Thanks! This product has really taken off. There are a lot of reasons why, but people like unlimited access for less than what most companies will charge for 1,000 records. There will always be outliers like Rick, but it's a solid model. Some FMOs give their agents free lists, some people have the old InfoFree accounts, some people go to the library to pull data, but as far as bulk data goes, this is really strong product with a tremendous value.

Back