Lead Connections Fixed Cost Leads

Thanks...what if you get all that bs I just described when you even say that? Just assume they're part of the 66% that will not ever buy and move on?

I'd prefer to door knock. It has been my bread and butter but I just can't get in front of enough people every week doing it that way. The easy answer is get leads closer to home so I can but for now I need to get as much as I can out of these.

Are you talking about door knocking direct mail replies? If so maybe get a list from Josh in that area and when you door knock a reply go cold knock some of the list. Maybe start with females age 60 to 80. That way you spend the whole day out. Only $69 for a list of 1,000 names. Just an idea.

Thanks...what if you get all that bs I just described when you even say that? Just assume they're part of the 66% that will not ever buy and move on?

I'd prefer to door knock. It has been my bread and butter but I just can't get in front of enough people every week doing it that way. The easy answer is get leads closer to home so I can but for now I need to get as much as I can out of these.

I do, too, when I am using DM leads. If I had the same appointments setting skills as JD I would use his method.
Nothing wrong with us knocking on doors if that's what gives us the best results.

Are you talking about door knocking direct mail replies? If so maybe get a list from Josh in that area and when you door knock a reply go cold knock some of the list. Maybe start with females age 60 to 80. That way you spend the whole day out. Only $69 for a list of 1,000 names. Just an idea.

These are direct mail leads.

How about these scenarios....

These are things people really said to me when I called to set appointments. I am using the exact script JDeasy uses because I want to duplicate his success if at all possible.

Two people said they didn't want to set an appointment because they didn't have money and changed their mind and didn't have money. I asked why they sent the card in and signed it, the three reason why people usually do (don't have any, don't have enough or want a lower price, or want to leave something to a loved one or church) and both said they didn't care and they understood their wives would need to take a collection at their funeral. Both told me that didn't bother them and one said the only way he'd set up final expenses is if he hit the lottery.

One was laying on a couch communicating back and forth between her husband and myself and said I'd have to call back another time when she felt better.

One said he had "too many doctors appointments" and had no time whatsoever to meet with me this week at all.

One refused to meet with me during a time his wife would be home and wouldn't explain why.

One more said he had plenty of coverage and I never even mentioned insurance. Once he said that I said great how much did you get and who do you have it though? Maybe I could help you reduce your costs if possible. He said he had no idea to either question.

JD says he rarely gets these kind of things popping up and is able to set appointments with the majority of leads he calls. I am using his script, a nice tone, talking slow, and being more conversational than professional.

Based on those scenarios above is anyone picking up anything I may be missing? Phone calls like that are exactly why I haven't made many sales from appointments. Almost all of my sales come from door knocks because I rarely get anything like that when I knock a door. The problem is I have 40+ leads in a county that is over two hours away so I could really use some appointments to fill in between the hits and misses of door knocks.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Truth is when you run into those kind of excuses via cold calls or door knocking it's not a big deal. You just move on. But we tend to consider *leads* like they are gold and let such excuses weigh on us.

They sent in a card, how could they blow me off or not act interested?!?!?

That used to be my reaction when I first worked some direct mail leads. The combination of them filling the card out out and the fact that they cost me money put me in a sour and confused mood when the person had zero interest in insurance and denied me like a cold call would...

Plenty of advice on here about what to do and what works for most people. Call them Saturday morning(ish) and set your appointments for Monday and Tuesday. Gets all the bad apples out of the way and you know you have 2 days of appointments with people at least interested enough to meet.

What do you do with all the bad apples that start piling up after a month or so? Well you can always call out of the blue or just treat them LH style and on a slow day just go knock on the door with card in hand. Last time you spoke with them was 2+ weeks ago so they won't remember specifics. If after meeting in person they still have absolutely no desire to sit down with you and buy insurance than finally toss the lead in the garbage.

But really you have to consider it's easy to catch someone at a bad time when you made that first call. People do fill out those cards but what % of them actually expected the result to be an insurance agent calling them or showing up at their door? 99% of them think they are just going to get mailed something.

DM does work, many agents have proven that, but it's still an uphill sale even with them.

Thanks for all your responses back from my typical 10/1000 leads.

Perhaps I didn't posit my question correctly. I was not looking for ways to sell those kind of leads, neither was I looking for pointers on setting appointments. If I did not have that info already I would have been in this industry in one capacity or another this long. I do understand, however, that the FE target market is a little different than some of the rest. The ten scenarios I listed were actual, but embellished for humor. So, thanks again for the input.

my question should be what carriers, if any, are left who do their own customized mail program for FE? Some companies used to do that, but with all the mergers, there are few left. All the mail houses seem to have the same old cards. I have not seen anything innovative. I am just curious to know if I am better served using a carrier or two who thinks outside the box, or just continue what I have been doing. I already know settler's is the best lead card so far, so just wandering if there are any others around.

To PittAgent, remember the people normally do not recall sending in the card? They also do not remember whether you called them or not. If you go in person that person will put a face to the name and/or company even if you cannot get an appointment. It will be hard not to open the door, or even hang up the phone after they have met you.

Also note, even if they remember sending in the card, they will not have any expectations as far as time goes, so you do not have to feel rushed or have the feeling that "I gotta see everyone on this list today"; see who you can, where you can. The frenzy of the sales arena leaves many frustrated and clients can sense that. The more relaxed and comfortable you are, the more comfortable they will be. If you have 40 folks, try to catch 15-20 in the same area. If you have a little time between appointments, use that time to organize. Depending on how much you already know about the people, I find it helpful to have pre printed presentation materials or something unique to them. If you made the appointment in person, you know a lot from observation, If the guys weights 350 and has a cigarette in his mouth, and he is looking for himself, you know which carrier you are going to start with.

As far as the rest, try to catch them later. I find more people in their yard this time of year after 7:00. If I have a late appointment, I go to who is near there I couldnt find before. If my appointment is later, then I dont worry about it. The name of the game is appointments AND sales. Two appointments with a good sale is better than 4 appointments and none, or the same, one. I used to work with someone who tried to "slam" our appointments, as many as 4 per day in A major Metro area. Traffic made it about an hour between appointments. I found I was closing one and he was closing one. Sometimes we even missed. Thats worse than not having the appointment at all. Later I decided 2 to 3 a day in the same area was more effective. I closed about 1.5 to 2/3 and had time to catch up in between.

The worst case scenerario: You call them, they hang up on you. You go see them, they WONT REMEMBER HANGING UP ON YOU. Hope this helps.

Thanks for all your responses back from my typical 10/1000 leads.

Perhaps I didn't posit my question correctly. I was not looking for ways to sell those kind of leads, neither was I looking for pointers on setting appointments. If I did not have that info already I would have been in this industry in one capacity or another this long. I do understand, however, that the FE target market is a little different than some of the rest. The ten scenarios I listed were actual, but embellished for humor. So, thanks again for the input.

my question should be what carriers, if any, are left who do their own customized mail program for FE? Some companies used to do that, but with all the mergers, there are few left. All the mail houses seem to have the same old cards. I have not seen anything innovative. I am just curious to know if I am better served using a carrier or two who thinks outside the box, or just continue what I have been doing. I already know settler's is the best lead card so far, so just wandering if there are any others around.

To PittAgent, remember the people normally do not recall sending in the card? They also do not remember whether you called them or not. If you go in person that person will put a face to the name and/or company even if you cannot get an appointment. It will be hard not to open the door, or even hang up the phone after they have met you.

Also note, even if they remember sending in the card, they will not have any expectations as far as time goes, so you do not have to feel rushed or have the feeling that "I gotta see everyone on this list today"; see who you can, where you can. The frenzy of the sales arena leaves many frustrated and clients can sense that. The more relaxed and comfortable you are, the more comfortable they will be. If you have 40 folks, try to catch 15-20 in the same area. If you have a little time between appointments, use that time to organize. Depending on how much you already know about the people, I find it helpful to have pre printed presentation materials or something unique to them. If you made the appointment in person, you know a lot from observation, If the guys weights 350 and has a cigarette in his mouth, and he is looking for himself, you know which carrier you are going to start with.

As far as the rest, try to catch them later. I find more people in their yard this time of year after 7:00. If I have a late appointment, I go to who is near there I couldnt find before. If my appointment is later, then I dont worry about it. The name of the game is appointments AND sales. Two appointments with a good sale is better than 4 appointments and none, or the same, one. I used to work with someone who tried to "slam" our appointments, as many as 4 per day in A major Metro area. Traffic made it about an hour between appointments. I found I was closing one and he was closing one. Sometimes we even missed. Thats worse than not having the appointment at all. Later I decided 2 to 3 a day in the same area was more effective. I closed about 1.5 to 2/3 and had time to catch up in between.

The worst case scenerario: You call them, they hang up on you. You go see them, they WONT REMEMBER HANGING UP ON YOU. Hope this helps.

That does help a lot. Thank you for the advice.

----------

I door knock my leads

You never make calls? What is your closing % off door knocks alone if you're willing to share?

Let's see, two weeks ago I left town with 37 leads. Five I could not catch at home. That leaves 32 knocks. I wrote 7 policies out of that. I have three sales waiting for me at one of the houses when I deliver the policies. That will make 10 out of those

Let's see, two weeks ago I left town with 37 leads. Five I could not catch at home. That leaves 32 knocks. I wrote 7 policies out of that. I have three sales waiting for me at one of the houses when I deliver the policies. That will make 10 out of those

That's about what I do with door knocks. Do you find that to be average 20-30%?

Back