Lead issues lately

Greg were do the $375 /1000 leads return too ? Agent ? Company ? If your dropping per 1000 you don’t want life ins on it as response rates less

Returns are mailed back to the internal lead dept. at the home office. $375 per 1000 for 12-13 very directly worded DM leads would be the same price ($30 each) per lead as if you spent $450 per 1000 for 15 vague confusing DM leads. I'd rather have 12 directly worded DM leads over 15 vaguely worded DM leads any day of the week. And agents who value their time, and realize the true metric is not just profit, but profit per hour, would agree.

Remember, Sr Life makes these leads available for only $25 each in most states (not $30), and they're very directly worded and you never hear "we thought this was something free from the gov't". Leads that are this directly worded might cost $35+ each if you were paying $450 per 1000 elsewhere.

I don't know of any other carriers who are doing this well for their agents. This is only available for Sr Life agents.

When you work live transfers from TV commercials, like the two below, you don't have to worry about all that DNC red tape.

Senior Life Insurance Company Affordable Life Plan TV Commercial, 'Important Message'

TV live transfer leads for SL agents are $34 each, not $50+ from other sources mentioned elsewhere.

These live TV transfers are far superior to TM live transfers with zero worries about DNC risk. But those TM live transfers do bring the risk of DNC infractions and fines.

On a side note the weekly production record for business written was broken 2 weeks ago at Sr Life. A 23 year old guy wrote $37,011.36! He's licensed in 38 states and works live transfers all day, and part of the evenings too. Of course....he also "put in the grind" to hit this incredible performance.

If any brokers would like to try this platform please call me.

Last edited:
Returns are mailed back to the internal lead dept. at the home office. $375 per 1000 for 12-13 very directly worded DM leads would be the same price ($30 each) per lead as if you spent $450 per 1000 for 15 vague confusing DM leads. I'd rather have 12 directly worded DM leads over 15 vaguely worded DM leads any day of the week. And agents who value their time, and realize the true metric is not just profit, but profit per hour, would agree.

Remember, Sr Life makes these leads available for only $25 each in most states (not $30), and they're very directly worded and you never hear "we thought this was something free from the gov't". Leads that are this directly worded might cost $35+ each if you were paying $450 per 1000 elsewhere.

I don't know of any other carriers who are doing this well for their agents. This is only available for Sr Life agents.
When you say, “directly worded” DM leads, what exactly does that mean? You posted a video of SL’s live transfer lead program. Would it be asking too much for you to paste an example of a DM lead as well?

When you say, “directly worded” DM leads, what exactly does that mean? You posted a video of SL’s live transfer lead program. Would it be asking too much for you to paste an example of a DM lead as well?

It's not too much to ask. I'll need to take the time to scan the lead and then put up here. Right now I have other things to be doing for my business. These DM leads are described in post #7 above.

Rgi charges $30 in almost all states for the same leads plus a 55-79 age bracket ( which is big) plus you make 120% plus commission and you have a choice of tons of CO’s . This means you’ll get 95% of your business issued level which is huge .

Senior Life uses RGI, or so I’m told. Ain’t noting that special especially since there are way better options to get RGI then SL.

Senior Life uses RGI, or so I’m told. Ain’t noting that special especially since there are way better options to get RGI then SL.

Sr Life doesn't need RGI. Sr Life has its own RGI type operation in house. Does RGI do drops for $375 per 1000 the way Sr Life does? If you're happy paying $450+ per 1000 piece DM drops (and paying up front before the drop is mailed out) more power to you. I'm not criticizing you for doing that.

If you want to recruit agents its only $275 per 1000 as Sr Life pays for part of that mailing. You can target the carrier, area, length of appointment, and more. I just don't hear anyone up here sharing info about their carriers doing these same things for their agents. Maybe they do?

#1: When you work live transfers from TV commercials you don't have to worry about all that DNC red tape.

#2: These live TV transfers are far superior to TM live transfers with zero worries about DNC risk. But those TM live transfers do bring the risk of DNC infractions and fines.

#3: TV live transfer leads for SL agents are $34 each, not $50+ from other sources mentioned elsewhere.

#1 - I know we've gone over this before - but to be clear YOUR "live transfers from TV commercials" - they are always filtered thru your call center and they are sometimes coming from people that "had to get called back onto the phone" which could have been awhile ago...minutes, hours - even days ago.

I heard getting those live transfers from callers "in the moment right then" - is tough to win the call - like being on a game show and being the first to smack the button...

IMO - This is not nearly the same as the agent getting the call directly (no human "intermediary")...literally the moment the prospect dialed the 800# and saw the commercial and the agent is their first interaction...
  • this is while they are in that emotional moment that caused them to FINALLY pick up the phone in the first place...
  • maximum intent right there wouldn't you say (commercial sometimes even playing in the background)...
  • no need for a fencing match we can agree to disagree...

Agreed - your live transfers...they're a hell of a lot better than:
  • dialing and dialing outbound leads just to get an irate person that you just interrupted to answer the phone...or
  • almost as bad having to convince the person who was outbound telemarketed that you're not a scam...especially after being transferred from someone with an accent from Alamdanga, Bangladesh...LOL...

#2 - YES agreed 1,000% - there's no disputing that incoming calls from TV are the ultimate lead for telesales.

It seems everyone is looking to jump on the TV calls bandwagon right now...which is a good thing because it will let everyone know how superior - to anything else (for telemarketing)... live incoming calls from people watching Television commercials truly are.

Of course, getting true incoming calls from people watching live TV (not calls from FaceBook or YouTube ads) is an incredibly complicated undertaking...with the largest ad agencies armed with experienced analysts constantly tweaking where the ads are running to maximize the quantity of incoming calls.......some may blow up in the attempt to get these pure incoming TV calls on their own...others may succeed...I wish those of you who try - nothing but the best!

#3 - YES - Senior Life sells THEIR captive agents their version of TRANSFERS of live TV commercials for $34...see #1 above for what the agent may really get for $34.

And agents that are totally independent will have to pay $53 for real live incoming calls from TV commercials with a true 30 second buffer.

Independent agents that like where they are...Agents that are free to negotiate their best contracts with higher renewals and no 4 month chargeback rules...Agents that have a number of carriers that can do the right thing by the customer (type of plan and price) so the policy doesn't get replaced...

Let's do the math...I'm taking a leap here that the average Senior Life Agent = 100%. I know the average Independent Agent that's buying their own $53 leads can get 120% negotiated - just ask because you'll be doing lots of business. Also: Independents get higher back end residuals and no 4 month chargeback rules (that can cost a fortune if 20% cancel or get replaced in the first 4 months). SO:

Senior Life: $75 prem = $900 AP @ 100% = $900 commission @ 75% advance = $675 cash flow
Independent: $75 prem = $900 AP @ 120% = $1080 commission @ 75% advance = $810 cash Flow
Close should average 23% means 4.35 calls are needed to close 1 deal.

Senior Life: $34 x 4.35 = $147.90 DEAL cost. $675 cash flow - $147.90 cost = $527 NET
Independent:
$53 x 4.35 = $230.55 DEAL cost. $810 cash flow - $230.55 cost = $579 NET

Independents GET (besides the higher net of $52/deal):
  • to offer their customers the best plans and prices - which helps retention
  • higher residuals with no vesting problems
  • to log in and out at will to take incoming calls
  • the peace of mind in knowing they're not beholden to any agency for getting their leads
There's NO:
  • full chargebacks - if they cancel in 4 months (what's the cost if it's 10% that's a $60 hit)
  • whack a mole game to try and get those calls that are truly incoming right then and there
  • "manager" breathing down their backs
  • being beholden to some captive agency controlling your lead flow

There's a pot for every cover. There will always be Independent Agents and you'll always be able to convince someone to join Senior Life. I just want to let anyone know this:

You do not have to join any particular agency...to get your leads - especially live incoming calls from TV...

#1 - I know we've gone over this before - but to be clear YOUR "live transfers from TV commercials" - they are always filtered thru your call center and they are sometimes coming from people that "had to get called back onto the phone" which could have been awhile ago...minutes, hours - even days ago.

I heard getting those live transfers from callers "in the moment right then" - is tough to win the call - like being on a game show and being the first to smack the button...

IMO - This is not nearly the same as the agent getting the call directly (no human "intermediary")...literally the moment the prospect dialed the 800# and saw the commercial and the agent is their first interaction...
  • this is while they are in that emotional moment that caused them to FINALLY pick up the phone in the first place...
  • maximum intent right there wouldn't you say (commercial sometimes even playing in the background)...
  • no need for a fencing match we can agree to disagree...

Agreed - your live transfers...they're a hell of a lot better than:
  • dialing and dialing outbound leads just to get an irate person that you just interrupted to answer the phone...or
  • almost as bad having to convince the person who was outbound telemarketed that you're not a scam...especially after being transferred from someone with an accent from Alamdanga, Bangladesh...LOL...

#2 - YES agreed 1,000% - there's no disputing that incoming calls from TV are the ultimate lead for telesales.

It seems everyone is looking to jump on the TV calls bandwagon right now...which is a good thing because it will let everyone know how superior - to anything else (for telemarketing)... live incoming calls from people watching Television commercials truly are.

Of course, getting true incoming calls from people watching live TV (not calls from FaceBook or YouTube ads) is an incredibly complicated undertaking...with the largest ad agencies armed with experienced analysts constantly tweaking where the ads are running to maximize the quantity of incoming calls.......some may blow up in the attempt to get these pure incoming TV calls on their own...others may succeed...I wish those of you who try - nothing but the best!

#3 - YES - Senior Life sells THEIR captive agents their version of TRANSFERS of live TV commercials for $34...see #1 above for what the agent may really get for $34.

And agents that are totally independent will have to pay $53 for real live incoming calls from TV commercials with a true 30 second buffer.

Independent agents that like where they are...Agents that are free to negotiate their best contracts with higher renewals and no 4 month chargeback rules...Agents that have a number of carriers that can do the right thing by the customer (type of plan and price) so the policy doesn't get replaced...

Let's do the math...I'm taking a leap here that the average Senior Life Agent = 100%. I know the average Independent Agent that's buying their own $53 leads can get 120% negotiated - just ask because you'll be doing lots of business. Also: Independents get higher back end residuals and no 4 month chargeback rules (that can cost a fortune if 20% cancel or get replaced in the first 4 months). SO:

Senior Life: $75 prem = $900 AP @ 100% = $900 commission @ 75% advance = $675 cash flow
Independent: $75 prem = $900 AP @ 120% = $1080 commission @ 75% advance = $810 cash Flow
Close should average 23% means 4.35 calls are needed to close 1 deal.

Senior Life: $34 x 4.35 = $147.90 DEAL cost. $675 cash flow - $147.90 cost = $527 NET
Independent:
$53 x 4.35 = $230.55 DEAL cost. $810 cash flow - $230.55 cost = $579 NET

Independents GET (besides the higher net of $52/deal):
  • to offer their customers the best plans and prices - which helps retention
  • higher residuals with no vesting problems
  • to log in and out at will to take incoming calls
  • the peace of mind in knowing they're not beholden to any agency for getting their leads
There's NO:
  • full chargebacks - if they cancel in 4 months (what's the cost if it's 10% that's a $60 hit)
  • whack a mole game to try and get those calls that are truly incoming right then and there
  • "manager" breathing down their backs
  • being beholden to some captive agency controlling your lead flow

There's a pot for every cover. There will always be Independent Agents and you'll always be able to convince someone to join Senior Life. I just want to let anyone know this:

You do not have to join any particular agency...to get your leads - especially live incoming calls from TV...

Some of your info is accurate and some is inaccurate. I'm not going to put any time into dissecting the post.

Sr Life had a 23 year old agent submit $37,011 in production over a 7 day period using Sr Life's live transfer TV leads and Sr Life's tele-sales platform. He wrote this 2 weeks ago. He wrote this amount as he was chasing a $2000 bonus from his mgr. and to earn bragging rights. (He's originally from NY, but lives elsewhere now...lol). I'd have to say that Sr Life's live transfer TV leads at $34 and tele-sales platform works very well, wouldn't you?

Some of your info is accurate and some is inaccurate. I'm not going to put any time into dissecting the post.

Sr Life had a 23 year old agent submit $37,011 in production over a 7 day period using Sr Life's live transfer TV leads and Sr Life's tele-sales platform. He wrote this 2 weeks ago. He wrote this amount as he was chasing a $2000 bonus from his mgr. and to earn bragging rights. (He's originally from NY, but lives elsewhere now...lol). I'd have to say that Sr Life's live transfer TV leads at $34 and tele-sales platform works very well, wouldn't you?

23 year old kid...wow...someone bagged a real marlin there...LOL...
I'm sure the platform does work well for many of your guys - no dispute. And there are unicorns everywhere...Even NorthStar has their unicorns...

And you've actually proved my point that incoming calls from TV are the best...
(If a 23 year old kid can do that...anyone that puts in the talk time can)...

My closing comment was:

Agents do not have to be locked into ANY agency/carrier/IMO to work live incoming calls from TV commercials...

You see: I've leveled the playing field where anyone can get an even better incoming TV call - so now you really have to recruit based strictly on company culture, products/pricing, commissions, referrals....

No more "get TV here"...who cares....it's no longer a differentiator for you...so:

It's all about how does Senior Life stack up as a place to hang your license? I'm not saying it's good or bad...

Latest posts

Back