Lets talk Leads- FB leads (My honest opinion)

Well bro even if I deal with your trash commercial TV leads I would still have to follow up with them to close the business, pass them through under writing and deal with no money no time no longer interested objections.

It's not bad, that's just the way God intended the leads and sales game is all, its just reality.

Why are his leads "trash" in your opinion -or- better yet, experience?

Bro because leads are always going to be leads...

Right or am i wrong?'

It's not like anyones leads are going to be 'better' or 'worse' or 'bad' or 'good' i mean all of them are just going to be leads. Some are going to buy one shot

Some are going to buy later, its just the way God intended it.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion....and of course he has no experience working with INCOMING calls from TV commercials or 30 minute infomercials.........LOL....he's just throwing around his opinion with no basis in fact...that's fine...it's all good Bro. It's a forum...what would it be without rookies making statements.

It's not like anyones leads are going to be 'better' or 'worse' or 'bad' or 'good' i mean all of them are just going to be leads. Some are going to buy one shot

Bro - Marketing/Sales 101: You first need to define what's a lead and what's a prospect...

It’s critical that you understand the nuance between a Lead and a Prospect. Leads and prospects are ubiquitous terms used in marketing. However, when it comes to defining them, most of us get it wrong. More often than not, the words are used interchangeably, which should not be the case. So first, we should distinguish between the two, so you can approach your “lead (prospect)” generation the right way.

So what is a Sales Lead? The easiest way to get our heads around the term is that a lead is at the start of the journey. A lead is someone who may be interested in a product or service that you provide, but you have no context as to what or why. And you certainly do not know when a sale is likely to be made.

Most likely, you probably do not have any information beyond perhaps name, phone number and maybe email address. The most common type of lead they’re feeding you is someone who has clicked something somewhere and then entered their details into a data capture form. They may have done this several times on multiple forms when they were “in that fleeting moment” which motivated them to get more information at that point in time. That point in time is now gone. Usually long gone.

To sum it up: A lead is a person who has provided at least some basic information, at some earlier point in time that may suggest a potential interest in buying from you. And you're right about 1 thing - they most likely don't have the time or are no longer interested in it now...

So who is a Prospect? The main difference between a lead and a prospect is that the lead has moved beyond a one-way communication (they previously clicked on a form and submitted) and has now engaged with you on their terms. A prospect is a lead that has taken action right now…they are in the moment right now…they have everything they need to make that purchase (their banking info) right now - which suggests that the “lead” has real potential to BUY from you right now. This is when a lead actually becomes a prospect. No selling involved. You are facilitating and guiding their purchase.

A prospect is a lead that has picked up their phone and dialed YOU - looking to buy (get more info) right now.

So:
  • Do you want Leads or do you want Prospects?
  • Do you want to make hundreds of calls a day, hounding people trying to reach them multiple times all to no avail or do you only want to talk to people that want to talk to you?
  • Do you want to hunt people down at inopportune times trying to sell them FE life insurance or do you value your time and only want to talk to people that want to buy from you right now?

No one says everyone buys on the first contact let alone buys at all. But 23% calling in from watching a TV commercial will buy on the first call. The only reason a prospect would "no longer be interested" when they just called you all on their own - is because the agent blew the deal...the agent didn't do their part to have them know, like and trust them. It's that simple.

Last edited:
On 20 leads I usually close 20% of them or 4 on the first attempt. There are always a few you will never make contact with.. Usually the others are not going to buy no matter what they have told you. I door knock and call.

I also looked at ROI. If I made 6 x more than I spent on the campaign I was happy even if I didn't close 20%. The OP made 7 sales so assuming he made $4000 and only spent $650 for the leads then he did OK.

Last edited:
On 20 leads I usually close 20% of them or 4 on the first attempt. There are always a few you will never make contact with.. Usually the others are not going to buy no matter what they have told you. I door knock and call.

I also looked at ROI. If I made 6 x more than I spent on the campaign I was happy even if I didn't close 20%. The OP made 7 sales so assuming he made $4000 and only spent $650 for the leads then he did OK.

1. Need to factor in the time it took to close those 7. Could someone do more business in less time talking to more interested prospects?
2. $650/150 leads?...if so is really reasonably priced on a cost/lead. OK...but what about the time spent....

Rhetorical question - If you could make $5,000 profit in one hour or 40 hours or 80 hours - which would you prefer?

Right or am i wrong?'

It's not like anyones leads are going to be 'better' or 'worse' or 'bad' or 'good' i mean all of them are just going to be leads.

If only that were true Then it would just be about the lowest price, I can tell you that didn't work out well for me

Right or am i wrong?'

No. If generated properly, all leads are not the same.

If pushed to a generic gravity form and dialed 20 times, then sure all those leads will suck ass.

opinion....and of course he has no experience working with INCOMING calls from TV commercials or 30 minute infomercials

Need scale to do this right. Are you creating your own or paying a service? I've never seen a service that doesn't charge at least $35 a call, and a LOT of those TV leads in my experience have been late night SS disability types. probably great for mapd and FE maybe, do TV commercials work for clients who need money to buy the product such as meddsupps?

Need scale to do this right. Are you creating your own or paying a service? I've never seen a service that doesn't charge at least $35 a call, and a LOT of those TV leads in my experience have been late night SS disability types. probably great for mapd and FE maybe, do TV commercials work for clients who need money to buy the product such as meddsupps?

We are plugging into an existing national TV media buy specifically with FE creative...tested out for years.

LIVE Calls are M-F 10a-7p EST. All calls true 30 second buffer. $53/call.

Sure...If you are a monster call center taking everything coming in...even no caller on the line, wrong numbers and 24/7 calls...with no buffer...all the garbage - then you MAY see $35/call. Independent agents only want a real caller during daytime work hours.

Daytime TV is the premiere source of high intent prospects that buy FE....average monthly premium $75...

If you're asking the question "do TV commercials work for clients who need money to buy the product?" - then obviously you've never experienced the joy of being the cat....versus the mouse...it's the Facebook clickers that think this stuff is free.

Back