Link Building: Quality Vs. Quantity?

I've bought links from sites w/ scores of pages and G does a decent job of listing every link from that domain in Google Webmaster Tools (GWT); it just doesn't treat them as unique domains. The weight goes down per link for each link from the same domain.

If there was only a way I could join thousands of forums at a time and getting a signature link on every profile using a server in Russia... Hmmm... lol :1rolleyes:

Malcom = Funny.

A server in Russia, that allowed you to do that? Hmmmm..... X marks the spot every time right? :yes:

actually sti,
from what I've read on here from other posts, this forum is completely "no-follow". if that's true, then it wouldn't matter the post count, whether it was zero or 5000.

It doesn't really matter either way, as someone here said 5000 from the same source is pretty much considered as one. The only real benefit to having 5000 is that more potential eyeballs can click to your site, which ultimately matters more than ranking (gasp!)

You want a mix of No-Follow/Do-Follow links, and No-Follow links DO pass link juice.

A few links from high Page Rank pages are more valuable than a load of PR 0 or N/A pages.

Links from relevant pages with appropriate anchor text do more than random links with irrelevant or no anchor text.

Quality wins, period.

Below is an example of a link from a very relevant, Page Rank N/A page with relevant anchor text:

Please visit "THIS WOULD BE MY ANCHOR TEXT BUT THE FORUM WON'T ALLOW IT YET" to place your company information in our free directory.

The only better example would be if this page ranked higher.

I've had the same question. I haven't found an answer yet either.

It may be possible that these sites have hundreds of low quality links in addition to a few high quality links.

As per this concept, I know people that have sites with a couple hundred high quality links, then like 100k trash links pointed at the quality links and their main site, and their opinion is that the trash links are helpful to cover up where the good links are and basically do no harm no matter how many you make.

These are people that are ranking page 1 for stuff like "weight loss".

Thats a somewhat useful way to make sure your competitors have a harder time sniffing out where your "good" links are, though there are tools that can sift the good from the bad in just a couple minutes.

Back