Looking for Opinions

Patriot Girl

I am looking for Opinions. Here is the situation. A elderly not married client of mine recently passed away leaving his Home and Auto to his 5 children. My question is. The auto is now being driven by his family members that are not listed on the policy.The car is still in the deceased name the family has not changed the title over and they are still paying the premium on the auto policy that's in the deceased name. The Home is being sold so the coverage will end when the home is sold. What is your thought on the family driving the vehicle? what if a claim happens?? I just found this out today so I haven't been able to call underwriting with my questions. PS. The Family does not know that I know they are driving the vehicle.
Thank you so much for any and all input.

----------

:swoon: Anyone Want to Help?

I am looking for Opinions. Here is the situation. A elderly not married client of mine recently passed away leaving his Home and Auto to his 5 children. My question is. The auto is now being driven by his family members that are not listed on the policy.The car is still in the deceased name the family has not changed the title over and they are still paying the premium on the auto policy that's in the deceased name. The Home is being sold so the coverage will end when the home is sold. What is your thought on the family driving the vehicle? what if a claim happens?? I just found this out today so I haven't been able to call underwriting with my questions. PS. The Family does not know that I know they are driving the vehicle.
Thank you so much for any and all input.

----------

:swoon: Anyone Want to Help?

You could always call the cops and see what they think. :policeman:

I ran into this problem before and to answer your question it depends on the State.

The family members should be ok temporarily using the vehicle given that the policy covers permissive use.

In your state there will be a form to fill out from the power of attorney granting the registration over to another member of the family. Once that is approved they will have to get the car insurance in their name to officially have it registered. There will also be a separate form that will handle the probate stuff.

This is how it works in my state. Call the DMV in yours.

Back