Losing Retirement Cov from Dead Husb

vic120

Guru
5000 Post Club
OH
Have a lady 80 years old is getting dropped from a retirement plan as of May 1st

As far as I know, there is no sep for drug plan or MA plan in this situation, But I don't run into this often

But I am just double-checking in case there is any wiggle room here due to the fact that it is involuntary

Loss of Group Health coverage, she has SEP

Its been my understanding though for that it would have to be due to retirement which is basic

This is a situation where she has not been working this is just a retirement plan

I kind of remember this being an issue in the past due to the fact neither her or husb is retiring and hasn't worked for years, it has just been a paid benefit after retirement

Dropping off retirement plan is not a sep . She can get a Humana plan with dst sep . I’ve written 11 in last 2 weeks and all got approved . I’m stunned how many people out there with original Medicare and nothing else .

Its been my understanding though for that it would have to be due to retirement which is basic

This is a situation where she has not been working this is just a retirement plan

I kind of remember this being an issue in the past due to the fact neither her or husb is retiring and hasn't worked for years, it has just been a paid benefit after retirement

She has a SEP, I have done this numerous times over the years have not had any problems with it.

Have a lady 80 years old is getting dropped from a retirement plan as of May 1st

As far as I know, there is no sep for drug plan or MA plan in this situation, But I don't run into this often

But I am just double-checking in case there is any wiggle room here due to the fact that it is involuntary
Xpressinsurance is correct.

#12 and #13 SEP's on Wellcare's app.

It is in UHC SEP Chart

I am leaving employer or union coverage Loss of Employer Group Coverage (Group Retiree, COBRA, & Commercial Coverage)  SEP - Loss of EGHP Coverage (MA-PD)  SEP - Loss of EGHP Coverag

You know I Have not run into this for years the only time I remember was in my f3rd year maybe

I just remember having an issue because it was a retirement plan and the prospect has not been working

But the more I think about it I believe then it was more of a choice because of cost Maybe that was the reason it was an issue

Most other times people retire leaving employment which has never been an issue

So it just stuck in my head the not working part, But then the involuntary of this situation today made me feel like she should be able to do it

I am glad I had asked

Just did Supp And PDP

Back