MDRT Anyone?

I can't think of a good reason to join. Anyone here get any benefit from it?

I was asked to join several years ago by my upline. I never could see a reason to pay them the dues.

I know Newby was a dues payer at one time. May still be?

In my case it only seemed to be important to the types that I didn't care what they thought.

I was asked to join several years ago by my upline. I never could see a reason to pay them the dues. I know Newby was a dues payer at one time. May still be? In my case it only seemed to be important to the types that I didn't care what they thought.

You are exactly right. Not much in it for FE agents. I just keep my membership going to hit the 10-year mark. Just something I wanted to do. No real reason.

It only impresses agents. Not clients.

----------

Amend that to read: only impresses captive agents.

You are exactly right. Not much in it for FE agents. I just keep my membership going to hit the 10-year mark. Just something I wanted to do. No real reason.

It only impresses agents. Not clients.

----------

Amend that to read: only impresses captive agents.

And when you tell them that you sell FE they will throw up on your shoe!:laugh: Amazing how high brow agents get when they find out you are in the FE market. It pisses them off that you kick their arse in khakis and a golf shirt:laugh:

And when you tell them that you sell FE they will throw up on your shoe!:laugh: Amazing how high brow agents get when they find out you are in the FE market. It pisses them off that you kick their arse in khakis and a golf shirt:laugh:

You are correct. The NYL and Northwestern Mutual agents usually have to work several years to earn what an FE agent makes in his first year. I wonder how many ever even catch up.

They throw up on your shoe to make you feel more in your environment. ;)

They hate me more...I'm in blue jeans and a polo. Lol

I was top of the table for 5 years straight, then realized this was stupid and stopped.

You are correct NEWBY.....The Captives only held it high for gloating. I new many MDRT captives that were broke too.

FE qualified MDRT Guys make much more money that Captive MDRT guys.

You are correct. The NYL and Northwestern Mutual agents usually have to work several years to earn what an FE agent makes in his first year. I wonder how many ever even catch up.
You got that right. I started with NML and was told point blank by a veteran agent to be prepared to starve for 10 years. No wonder their agent retention rates are so abysmal. But then again their whole business model is geared toward churning through hundreds of agents to stumble across one superstar.

I'm been a member for a few yrs and qualified for a few yrs before coming a member. I did attend their annual meeting in Philly last year. It was the best insurance meeting I ever attended since my 10+ yrs in the business. Great ideas for prospecting and client relationship building. Here monthly magazine is a great read as well but agree it may not be FE driven.

You got that right. I started with NML and was told point blank by a veteran agent to be prepared to starve for 10 years. No wonder their agent retention rates are so abysmal. But then again their whole business model is geared toward churning through hundreds of agents to stumble across one superstar.

I reviewed a NML policy recently and noticed the agent was a guy I was friends with back in high school. Felt kind of bad replacing it, until I looked him up on Facebook and realized he was only with them for about a year. He isn't even in the insurance business anymore. Must have been one of the ones that got churned.

Latest posts

Back