Mindset with New Leads

So I am finally taking the dive and working with some new, fresh, just asked for the quote, and more likely ready to buy leads

What is your mindset when working with more expensive fresh, new, real-time leads vs. low-cost aged leads?

If it is new to you what difference does it make if it is BRAND new or aged? Call the person, knock on the door, thank them for their trust

So I am finally taking the dive and working with some new, fresh, just asked for the quote, and more likely ready to buy leads

What is your mindset when working with more expensive fresh, new, real-time leads vs. low-cost aged leads?
Where are these leads coming from (direct mail/facebook/website/etc.), for what type of product, and how are you working them (f2f/phone/email)?

Direct mail

I plan to call them to set appointments only because they are about an hour away, and I figure I’d save time doing it that way till daylight savings is back AND I can master the “get in the door now” from door knocking.

I’m doing mortgage protection at current.

If it is new to you what difference does it make if it is BRAND new or aged? Call the person, knock on the door, thank them for their trust

Well I guess I makes a difference because they won’t have the same issues as older leads (etc. too many quotes, too high quotes, haven’t been called hundreds of times, haven’t bought anything yet, actually remember filling out the form, etc)

Also they are more expensive

So besides the cost factor, I wasn’t sure if you all look at new leads as being a bit easier to set appointments with

Well I guess I makes a difference because they won’t have the same issues as older leads (etc. too many quotes, too high quotes, haven’t been called hundreds of times, haven’t bought anything yet, actually remember filling out the form, etc)

Also they are more expensive

So besides the cost factor, I wasn’t sure if you all look at new leads as being a bit easier to set appointments with

Just call them all to set appointments one day out. You should be able to set appointments with a little better than half of them if you stick to the script that a good appointment setter is training you on. If you don’t have a good appointment setter training you it will be much less.

Run your appointments first. Then door knock all the rest that would not set appointments. Doesn’t matter what they said on the phone. They will be much different in person.

How long would you wait (from time you attempt appointment) to door knock the ones you were unable to set appointments by phone.

Idk why the manager gives me super high call to appointments ratios. They claim 80% of fresh leads set appointments.

How long would you wait (from time you attempt appointment) to door knock the ones you were unable to set appointments by phone.

Idk why the manager gives me super high call to appointments ratios. They claim 80% of fresh leads set appointments.

Some weeks 80% will set appointments. Other weeks 10% will. If they are telling you 80% is average then tell them you would like to sit in on their next appointment setting session to learn. I work with some of the best appointment setters in the FE business and I don't think any of them averages 80%.

You door knock them as soon as it's convenient for you. No one ever connects that the person knocking on their door today is one of those dozen telemarketers that they blew off the phone yesterday. Your call was way more memorable to you than it was to them.

Ok. Im already just .... i can't even put in words....

I've only called 1 fresh lead so far and just impressed with how much quicker/easier/less resistance it is to set the appointment....

Shiiit it keeps rolling like this I may be buying more fresh leads more often AND I may hit that 80%

I'm super grateful right now

Last edited:
Back