My Experience With InsuranceAgents.Com

Re: Stay Away from InsuranceAgents.Com

Todd's refund request was granted and he was given a refund. We are not out to steal money. When a relationship does not work, we are more than happy to refund a few dollars if it means keeping agents happy.

Thanks again!

Not sure if you're still around Suzie but I waited out my initial 30 day contract but now I'm told that the remaining balance in my account is non-refundable and must be used toward leads.

That doesn't sound like a company that is "more than happy to refund a few dollars if it means keeping agents happy".

I was told the leads would be organic, exclusive, and only during business hours. They failed on all 3 of those. I waited out my 30 day "trial" period hoping to get the remaining balance back but they're forcing me to buy more crappy leads.

I've done several lead providers, even made quite a bit of money from netquote, but when the sales rep flat out lies, it's upsetting.

Stay away from insuranceagents.com, no matter how good the lies sound.

The pool of leads being used by insuranceleads, insuranceagents, hometown quotes, allwebleads, and netquote is shared a lot between each other. My understanding is that they sell each other leads, that are then resold as if they were generated by their own site.

There are more lead vendors that just those above named participating in that reselling thing also, those are just the ones I thought of off the top of my head.

At least 2 lead sources also have their own insurance agents also now, and one of them is confirmed to actually route leads to their own call center PRIOR to selling them.

They also put up popunder ads to each others sites when you submit for quotes to other lead vendors, and recoup some of their own expenses via ppc to each other.

I'm not saying you can't/won't make money using them, just understand that they're not organically producing the leads, unless organic means ppc driven traffic via each other and ads on brokersweb.

I subscribed to 9 of them at the same time, submitted a few dummy leads that were fake, and watched the fakes get sold to me via all the vendors after being submitted in 1 location. It was funny to see a lead that was supposed to be shared no more than X times be sold to me by all the different vendors.

Anyone with a few dollars to burn can do the same experiment I did and see the results, go sign up for leads from a bunch of vendors at the same time, but don't give them the same license number for your state license. Then go submit dummy leads on brokersweb through any of the major vendors advertising there. You'll get your fake sold to you generally by all the vendors you sign up with. If you wanna really laugh, watch the delay time between vendors. Some of them will immediately send the lead to you, some of them will take up to 6 hours.

The delay is so bad in cases that it cannot even be attributed to server cycles, it looks like what is happening is there is an agreement to sell aged leads after 6 hours or 8 hours, and the 2nd vendor is reselling that lead as a real time lead.

Good idea but bad leads, not enough filters to stop someone from filling out a real lead. Netquote is soooo much better. Ihad problems with insuranceagents.com they auto rebilled my account when they said they would not.

Is 40 to 50 percent bogus typical across all lead sellers?

What percentage buy from you?

What percentage sound like viable prospects who you assume buy from someone but not from you?

What is a typical price per lead?

To all: insuranceagents.com did in fact issue me a full refund. This was after a bbb complaint. I'm not sure if I would of got the refund without it. Even with the refund it's rediculious to have been lied to even after 2 weeks of my due diligence and questions. You can't make a good decision when the companies sales reps lie. I knew it was a bad idea when they say there is a 30 day contract and $75 cancelation fee. Just file a bbb complaint to get that back.

i doubt it was the bbb complaint ... the bbb is a publicly traded company, you can easily pay them to get that reversed. iiii dont trust the bbb. insuranceleads.com is a bbb accredited business and if you've ever worked with them.........you know the deal.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Through our network of sites.

cross traffic? ... that works . its not an easy task though. plus its not like they are all guaranteed sales so spending the 7-8 hours/day working on those campaigns nearly turns to a full-time job. do you sell insurance as well or are you only generating the leads?

Last edited:
Why is everyone buying leads that are not exclusive and custom to them and their market? When I say custom I mean the SIC codes they request a script they approve and an area they want to target, as well as appointment days and times that the producer wants rather than the DM's. If you are not doing this you are going out on the same leads 5 other guys are and the only one who profits is the lead provider. That's if the lead is good and the information is correct. Also if you sign a contract with a lead vendor your CRAZY, if their work is as good as they say why do they need a contract? Pre-set appointments cost more but the closing ratio is MUCH higher, so if you are going after B2B the ROI will be there, but if you are going after personal lines the only cost efficient way to go is doing it yourself. July renewals are coming up and it's time to make an aggressive move, I get that but, just giving money away to a company that is feeding 10 agents the same line is what is the problem and a new strategy might be warranted.

Latest posts

Back