My Experience With InsuranceAgents.Com

I started my agency in 2006 using Overture Pay-Per-Click. I created the ads,built our site, and managed the PPC campaigns myself. This soon became overwhelming as the leadsworked very well and the closing ratio was easily 2 or 3 out of 5 and this wasan average closing ratio. I decided totry third party leads in order to save time and be able to writer morebusiness, but as most here have stated, it was a complete waste of time andmoney.

The way I see it, the companies that sell leads, do exactly that, sell leads(names and addresses of people or businesses) which is no different thatopening the phone, closing your eyes and choosing someone to call. These people no snot about insurance or theinsurance needs of the consumer and have not a single clue on what we need asagents in order for it to be a productive service. They overcharge, overdistribute and as many have said mislead the agent.

They sell leads that are generated by affiliates that know even less about insurancethan the lead companies. These affiliates use misleading tactics to lureconsumers to complete a form in order to gain something other than an actualinsurance quote. The consumer isn’t in the market for insurance, they aren’tshopping. They want to enter the contest for the $100 Starbucks Gift Card, theVisa Gift card or whatever. I have even seen ads on Facebook where if you fillout this form for an insurance quote, you’ll receive Farmbucks Cash (A gameplayed on Facebook).

The answer is simple. Agents need to partner with agents, not third party companies that know nothing about our industry. Since attempting the use ofthird party leads in 2008, we have resumed control over our own lead generationand have never thought about doing it any other way since. Through the use ofSocial Media, PPC Campaigns, SEO, Video Marketing Etc. we continue to generate ourown leads to the extent that we use no other marketing strategies. We don’t usethe Yellow pages, TV, Radio, Newspaper etc.

We are licensed in multi states and generate leads through our websites.However, we are not, nor do we desire to be setup up in all states. We getleads that are actual consumers seriously shopping for insurance and would beinterested in partnering with agencies in states that we are not licensed in sowe will not be direct competition but can refer clients to each other and workprofessionally together to better both agencies providing a win-win for allparties involved.

If you have questions or interest in how we can work together, I welcome theopportunity and look forward to speaking with you.

If you believe that 100% of internet will be good or turn into a sale then you aren't being realistic. And in fact if they were working on those types of ratios they would surely cost far more $$$ per lead.

It is also true that different areas or regions will be better suited to do business with leads than others.

The idea is to be able to find the right lead vendor for you and then find tools that allow you to utilize their program to reach the most amount of prospects and thereby close the most amount of new business.

My company for example implements a speed to contact protocol with all of the various online insurance lead vendors. If anyone is interested in hearing how DYL can help them reach more of their insuranceagents.com leads or other leads from other vendors please feel free to contact me.

You sell your leads to HTQ, is that correct?

Hi, if your question is in regards to my post, then yes, states that we are not licensed in the traffic it sent to an affiliate program. Personal Lines goes to Hometown Quotes and Commercial Leads go to NetQuote.

Our theory is that we are simply attempting to assist the visitor in obtaining the information they seek whether is be a quote or basic information.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
If you believe that 100% of internet will be good or turn into a sale then you aren't being realistic. And in fact if they were working on those types of ratios they would surely cost far more $$$ per lead.

We're not in business to sell leads, nor do we have the desire. We generate our own leads using our own methods. Obviously you missed the part of my post were I stated we do not BUY leads, therefore the cost that you speak of isn't there.

It is a fact, not a belief, that we started in 2006 using the internet only to generate leads and as of now, 03/2012 six yeasrs later, we are still using the internet to generate our leads. We use no other marketing medium (Paper, TV, Radio etc.). The only acception is current client referrals.

If you feel that is a unrealistic claim, that's fine and your opinion of which you are entitled.

I merely am stating that internet leads can be very lucrative and a major part of making them a success is the methods used to generate them and how you work them.

Last edited:
Hi, if your question is in regards to my post, then yes, states that we are not licensed in the traffic it sent to an affiliate program. Personal Lines goes to Hometown Quotes and Commercial Leads go to NetQuote.

Our theory is that we are simply attempting to assist the visitor in obtaining the information they seek whether is be a quote or basic information.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

We're not in business to sell leads, nor do we have the desire. We generate our own leads using our own methods. Obviously you missed the part of my post were I stated we do not BUY leads, therefore the cost that you speak of isn't there.

It is a fact, not a belief, that we started in 2006 using the internet only to generate leads and as of now, 03/2012 six yeasrs later, we are still using the internet to generate our leads. We use no other marketing medium (Paper, TV, Radio etc.). The only acception is current client referrals.

If you feel that is a unrealistic claim, that's fine and your opinion of which you are entitled.

I merely am stating that internet leads can be very lucrative and a major part of making them a success is the methods used to generate them and how you work them.

Apologies if I offended. Perhaps I did read too swiftly through a portion of your post. I would agree with you that both the way you generate a lead AND how you work it once you get it are very important and oft times overlooked.

Matt

Back