New Agent Door Knocking Help!

JD, have to disagree with you there I think a majority of the high producers I'm connected with only door knock. There are some people you're never going to sell there are some people you're never going to sell unless you see them in person.

I would recommend trying to be a little bit more vague at the door. I often don't even say the words Life Insurance at the door or until were sitting down.

I can't disagree with you on that because I don't know what high producers you are connected with or what you call a high producer.

But I do know all the top FE IMO's and I do know most of their top producers or know of them.

And I'm talking the $150K and up producers. It's north of 90% of those producers are running appointments. Now, probably almost all of them DK sometimes.

FEX, for just one example had about 20 agents write over $150K. Only one of those was primarily a DK'er. And he's now moving into appointments.

There are a few that kill it DK'ing. That one guy I'm talking about did over $200K last year.

Kuhn that posts here is a beast on production. I mean $300K and up. He is a DK'er.

I started my sales career cold door knocking in several different states, selling ADT home security systems. No lists, leads, or marketing (besides the materials I carried in my binder).

For Final Expense, I spent most of time setting appointments or door knocking leads because I found that to be most time efficient.

Cold door knocking definitely still works even in 2017. There will always be some folks who are difficult/impossible to reach by phone.

I recently published a GIGANTIC guide on cold door knocking for insurance agents on my blog. Here are a few of the highlights:

- The pros vs cons of this prospecting technique
- The 3 ways agents can door knock a prospect
- Over 20 door hanger templates
- Over 20 scripts to get in the door and selling
- And 30 Tips on how to be more effective at door knocking

Wow! I was about to print this to read later, but my printer alerted me that I'm low on toner. That's when I saw that it's 88 pages long! I'm expecting that it's extremely thorough! I've been selling door to door for nearly 30 years, but I'll bet I can still learn a thing or two. I stored a PDF of the article in iBooks. I'll enjoy reading it soon (after I finish my CE - deadline approaching fast!).

The guys around me say door knocking is better than calling to set up appointments, there's actually a saying, " Appointments lead to disappointments."

Thanks!

Sounds like door knocking leads to disappointments.

Here is my only though if I cold call you today by phone and get shot down for an appointment they won't know it you again if you door knock next week. But if you door knock and turn you down they likely won't know it's you cold calling again on the phone that is until you show up.

Then there Is the efficiency of calling.

On a side note why does my dam phone want to capitalize every word and the whole word....smartphone my arse.

Wow! I was about to print this to read later, but my printer alerted me that I'm low on toner. That's when I saw that it's 88 pages long! I'm expecting that it's extremely thorough! I've been selling door to door for nearly 30 years, but I'll bet I can still learn a thing or two. I stored a PDF of the article in iBooks. I'll enjoy reading it soon (after I finish my CE - deadline approaching fast!).

I didn't feel it deserved 'Guide' in the title without LOADING it with some great content.

I am working on another article similar to this one ... Coming Soon! :biggrin:

So, I'm fairly new to insurance and overall sales in general. I'm with an independent agency and I'm contracted with a couple different carriers. So we get DM leads and we door knock those, we never call unless we can't find the house, or a gate, or whatever. The guys around me say door knocking is better than calling to set up appointments, there's actually a saying, " Appointments lead to disappointments."

So a few questions, do you guys call your leads and then maybe go cold call door knocking or canvas the area between the appointments?

My second thing is when I do knock on some doors, they tell me they already have insurance and I have a hard time getting into the house to take a look at their policy to see what type of policy they have. We all know these people have been told they have one amount (or they think they do at least) when they have much less. Are there any tips on what you guys say when facing this objection?

Thanks!

Door knocking is likely very ineffienct but more effective than calling for appointments... the odds of someone straight shutting the door on you while you are at the door is a lot smaller than you calling and them saying not interested; hanging up. The key is focusing on it will only take a few mins. That's alll that really needs to be said. Any objection at the door can be responded with the it will only take a few mins response. JD talks about the heavy hitters that set appointments. 90 percent of those agents likely work a total of 30+ leads a week and have an unlimited budget to purchase new leads which makes it very possible... something to consider and remember the only thing that needs to be said at the door is it will only take a few mins.

Hahahaa, he deleted the post after you quoted it. :twitchy:

He always does that :D:D No belief in his convictions....or posts:D:D

10213082-248624367_2-s4-v1.png

Back