New Agent - Is This a Good Business Plan?

P.S. Josh, I'll take you up on that offer.

Done. In fact, if you want to just go to the order page on AffordableMarketingLists.com, go ahead and fill out the business order form and mention this thread and your username in the special instructions section, we can get the queued up. I imagine Aflac would probably be thrilled if you wanted to give a day or two cold calling to get started before you got licensed to see how you feel about it and/or get some experience before you started going through the licensing. They obviously couldn't do a commission split for you, but it would give you a real idea of what you'd be up against without all that commitment upfront. I'm sure if you bagged a deal or two they would make it worth your time.

There is no obvious flaw in you saying "lists don't work" when you say you don't use them.
i have used every list imaginable. i didn't have anymore luck with them than creating my own list. i certainly would not be on this forum giving bad advice to newbies just to whore them a list.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
have you worked in employee benefits?
why are you giving him advice about it then?
anyone who has worked in this arena knows that aflac is oversaturated

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is what you said:
and he will find that to be true. what is your point?
he could make killer money replacing aflac in arkansas.
are you saying that if he buys enough lists from you that he will make a couple sales? a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and again. i'm talkin about makin the 100k that he was talking about originally.

I will do my absolute best working Aflac in Arkansas. If I have done everything I can, and still can't find success with it, then I can always sell different insurance. But I'm not going to throw in the towel before I start.

if he wants to listen to someone who has never worked in the arena that he is going into then that is his fate. i'm gettin back to enjoyin the weekend. he can't say that someone didn't try to help him
I will do my absolute best working Aflac in Arkansas. If I have done everything I can, and still can't find success with it, then I can always sell different insurance. But I'm not going to throw in the towel before I start.
you do have to learn somewhere. just don't be discouraged when you see that i'm being 100% accurate. there are plenty of companies that will work for you and pay you a training salary. try it out and pm me if i'm telling you right. i will give you a list of good companies to look at.
for free. and i'm not trying to contract you. i'm busy with a new venture myself.

oicu812nbama
I do appreciate your persistence in trying to help me, in your own way.

But I will not turn down this challenge, no matter how bleak it may seem.

The man who is afraid to risk failure seldom has to face success.

and he will find that to be true. what is your point?

I have a few:
-Again, about two weeks ago you said you were leaving and claimed this place was too negative and always shot down newbies, now you appear to have become what you despised.
-You claimed every business with over three employees either has Aflac or hates them, then you said you "didn't say that he wouldn't make a friggin sale". How is he going to sell something to someone that either already has it or hates it? Seems to be a bit of a disconnect there.

he could make killer money replacing aflac in arkansas.
-Yet I haven't seen you get into any detail about how he can do that. I'm not disputing it as a possibility, but you seem bent on your agenda to attack anyone that disagrees with you, rather than help the newbie out. Again, you appear to have become what you despised just a few weeks ago.

are you saying that if he buys enough lists from you that he will make a couple sales?

-Let's get back to this accusation that I'm "giving out bad advice to whore out lists". That is an awfully insulting comment for you to be making, especially when you consider that I believe I made around 4k posts on here before I ever started selling lists. I truly am here to help folks and every now and again someone thinks what I have to say has value and every once in a while they contact me to sell them a prospecting list. My lists happen to be more accurate and less expensive then Sales Genie, a company owned by InfoGroup that did over half a billion dollars in sales last year, but my investment in this discussion (and most others for that matter) revolves around helping someone.

a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and again. i'm talkin about makin the 100k that he was talking about originally.

-You usually can't make serious money in any industry unless you have a marketing plan and a marketing system. It's unclear to me at this point how you generate business, but I don't get the impression that you're consistently calling 300 businesses a day, four days a week, using a consistent approach to consistently generate new clients. I could be wrong, maybe you have a great system to consistently generate clients, but the single greatest problem new agents have is not getting in front of enough people and cold calling is the absolute least expensive way to contact the most number of businesses. You can call 500 businesses a day by phone and the cost is negligible, you'll be lucky to do that in three days by foot and you'll burn that up in gas alone. It's much easier to call someone back when the boss is around (or decision maker) than it is to come back if you missed the person you needed to speak to.

I won't sell Aflac to people with Aflac, I'll sell it to people who don't have Aflac. There.:D

Believe it or not, you could have just eliminated some of your best prospects.. If they have AFLAC, tey probably beleive in AFLAC. Many will have an accident plan but not have the caner or vice versa.. Those are prime prospects.. If the group has an AFLAC agetns, sell them one on one..

Back