New Agent - Is This a Good Business Plan?

agents that already "own" the business are doing reenrollments. why is this so hard for people to understand? if everyone had statefarm, i would not want to sell for them.

To be a little trite, maybe we're just not as bright as you are.

Not everyone has Aflac. Even though nearly all states compel their drivers to purchase car insurance, 8%-15% don't carry any, so even if everyone that had insurance had State Farm, then there would still be a market for those that are uninsured.

You're speaking as if everyone already has Aflac (which isn't true) and as if every company already has a voluntary worksite benefit option (which also isn't true).

To turn it around on you, why is it so hard for you to understand that Aflac doesn't own all of this industry and that there are companies that don't have any type of worksite benefit?

Follow-up, if I may, what is your alternative? Aflac is offering to put him through licensing, train him, give him a good product with brand recognition, and give him support so that he can work the leads he generates. Seems like a pretty fair offer to us "hard of understanding", especially when Robert already has an idea of what he's up against.

nothing wrong with the plan. just the company won't be great. i am not offering him a company. just advice. all the more reason he should pay attention. he has legitimate questions. if you however have been in this business awhile and still don't understand that you can't sell aflac to someone with aflac, then you got bigger problems than he does.

refer to the link: my personal experience with aflac
and listen to what all the former aflac agents are saying. like i said earlier (i'm having to repeat myself over and over to both of you like children) i have sold benes all over the state of arkansas. if they got more than 3 employess they have aflac or are pissed off at them. there is nothing else really to say but good luck to both of you since you got it figured out. there are tons of companies that will train him. refer to the link above. aflac agents themselves are giving examples of companies that trained them right and had better products and career. have you ever sold to the worksite market? no because you would already know what i'm saying is true.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I won't sell Aflac to people with Aflac, I'll sell it to people who don't have Aflac. There.:D
you are real funny. go fulltime with them and you'll be broke in two months. would you like to wager?
:geek::geek::geek::geek::geek::geek::geek::geek::geek::geek:
tell you what hand. you buy some list from josh there, go sell for aflac a few months, come back on this forum and tell us how it went.

Last edited by a moderator:
refer to the link: my personal experience with aflac
and listen to what all the former aflac agents are saying. like i said earlier (i'm having to repeat myself over and over to both of you like children) i have sold benes all over the state of arkansas. if they got more than 3 employess they have aflac or are pissed off at them. there is nothing else really to say but good luck to both of you since you got it figured out. there are tons of companies that will train him. refer to the link above. aflac agents themselves are giving examples of companies that trained them right and had better products and career. have you ever sold to the worksite market? no because you would already know what i'm saying is true.

Your commitment to your position is noteworthy.

I'm a little confused by your stance here. About two weeks ago you said you were leaving the forum because people here are negative:

:SLEEP:Good bye to the folks that have given me good advice. I've realized that 90% of this forum is negative. People tell you that you can't do something if they don't know how. The other 10% give you clues but are paranoid that you will someway, somehow affect their business. Most of all, I wish luck to the real day one newbies who ask questions on this forum.

Now you're ragging on anyone that's trying to help this guy with a plan to be successful. Doesn't that seem a little funny to you?

you are real funny. go fulltime with them and you'll be broke in two months. would you like to wager?

While we're on the topic of wagers, with respect to your comment of "if they got more than 3 employees they have aflac or are pissed off at them", I'll bet my motorcycle against your (fill in the blank toy of equal value) I can get a business in Arkansas with more than three employees to respond favorably to the script "Hi, I'm calling you today because we're helping businesses use the Aflac family of products to save money on their rising health insurance premiums and get better coverage, is that something you think might help your business?"

I'll do you one better. Robert, if you go with Aflac (by all means, if you think it's a bad deal then don't), I'll give you a list of 200 businesses with 5-9 employees for absolutely nothing if you try that script and return back with how it works after you've worked all 200 of them. In fact, if you don't get an appointment in the first 200, I'll keep giving you leads until you do.

"Success is piece of mind which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing that you did your best to become the best you are capable of becoming." — John Wooden

P.S. Josh, I'll take you up on that offer.

wooden would have "peace" of mind cause he'd be intelligent enough to listen to someone who is not tryin to sell him something. why do you think i even bother? if you asked me something about buying a list, i don't use them. if you asked me about starting a pnc indy office, i'm on here asking about that because i was captive. now on the other hand, i have been successful in worksite marketing which you plan to do. i have even worked leads in your state. i can't fix the disease you got if you won't listen to me.
have you even looked at the link on this forum
my personal experience with aflac ? look at what all your soon to be cohorts are saying if you don't believe me

Last edited by a moderator:
wooden would have "peace" of mind cause he'd be intelligent enough to listen to someone who is not tryin to sell him something. why do you think i even bother? if you asked me something about buying a list, i don't use them. if you asked me about starting a pnc indy office, i'm on here asking about that because i was captive. now on the other hand, i have been successful in worksite marketing which you plan to do. i have even worked leads in your state. i can't fix the disease you got if you won't listen to me.

There is no obvious flaw in you saying "lists don't work" when you say you don't use them.

i didn't say he wouldn't make a single friggin sale in the state of arkansas. i have already said why i posted that. you could give him ever list you got for free and it won't change anything. go on the link my personal experience with aflac and argue with all the former aflac agents that are saying the same thing that i am.
he will be back on this forum talking about how lists are a waste of money and that aflac is oversaturated or he will put his tail between his legs and never come back on this forum again

have you even looked at the link on this forum
my personal experience with aflac ? look at what all your soon to be cohorts are saying if you don't believe me

I AM listening to you. Doesn't mean I have to agree.

All you're really saying is that Aflac is a bad decision, which really isn't going to help me since I've made up my mind to give it my best with it.

"Success is never final. Failure is never fatal. It’s courage that counts." — John Wooden

Back