New Female Advisor, Looking for Phone Script Examples

PinkLady

Hi Folks,

I'm a bit stuck... i'm trying to come up with a short script that I can contact group prospects with via the phone to book appointments... I've been hitting a wall. Thought I would put this out there and ask what you guys have used or are using? I've only been working 2 weeks as an advisor, goodness... it's been tough.

Love this site...
PL

What type of an advisor are you?

What products are you looking to market?

... i'm trying to come up with a short script that I can contact group prospects with via the phone to book appointments...
Group prospects for what? What are you saying (and to whom) now? What questions are you asking to determine if you even want an "appointment"?
I've only been working 2 weeks as an advisor...
If your income is dependent on your production, you're not an "advisor", you are a SALESPERSON. Nothing wrong with it. Don't confuse them.

I'm a financial advisor in Canada, I can sell anything from Group, Life, Seg Funds, RRSP's, DI, CI....

What i'm looking to do is break into the Group Benefits market, I worked for the past 10 years for a well known insurance company but on the management side.

So group is my passion... just not having much success with the people I have been contacting. Like to know a different approach... :nah:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Group prospects for what? What are you saying (and to whom) now? What questions are you asking to determine if you even want an "appointment"?
If your income is dependent on your production, you're not an "advisor", you are a SALESPERSON. Nothing wrong with it. Don't confuse them.

HUH? I'm confused. How do advisor's get paid where you come from? It's based on commission is it not? Sales is it not? So then that would make all advisor's / sales people...

I'm after help with a script not to be told i'm a sales person thanks!

Last edited:
I'm a financial advisor in Canada, I can sell anything from Group, Life, Seg Funds, RRSP's, DI, CI....

What i'm looking to do is break into the Group Benefits market, I worked for the past 10 years for a well known insurance company but on the management side.

So group is my passion... just not having much success with the people I have been contacting. Like to know a different approach... :nah:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

HUH? I'm confused. How do advisor's get paid where you come from? It's based on commission is it not? Sales is it not? So then that would make all advisor's / sales people...

I'm after help with a script not to be told i'm a sales person thanks!

A "true" advisor would be a person who is fee based. Lots of folks call themselves advisors but few are. The majority are sales agents.

Wow, never thought of it like that. We study for the courses we take... like our cfp or even life licence for that matter. I think that's what makes us advisors and our experience. Not how we sell.... etc. Maybe it's different here :) but that's the ffirst I have ever heard of this .... but to each there own.

I just say I'm an insurance professional, because I am. I can run circles around the typical Allstate call center agent (believe me, I was one) or the GEICO people or Progressive call centers. I make a commission but then again, so do all business owners (not like someone is paying them a salary...)

Don't label yourself one way or the other, but I see adviser as more of someone who doesn't have skin in the game regardless of what a client does.

Similar yet different:
Sales person
Adviser
Consultant

Pick one and roll with it, but most people don't care.

I agree with NC agent, but if you're trying to develop a script that mentions all your services I think you're going to lose them on the phone real quick. If you're selling a specific product to a target demographic then that's a different story. Back to the first point, might be best to identify and get through to the person at the company responsible for all those products. And some times the best approach is to identify yourself and ask for the person responsible for X, Y and Z.

I just say I'm an insurance professional, because I am. I can run circles around the typical Allstate call center agent (believe me, I was one) or the GEICO people or Progressive call centers. I make a commission but then again, so do all business owners (not like someone is paying them a salary...)

Don't label yourself one way or the other, but I see adviser as more of someone who doesn't have skin in the game regardless of what a client does.

Similar yet different:
Sales person
Adviser
Consultant

Pick one and roll with it, but most people don't care.

I prefer "Agent" because that is what my license states. Also can reduce liability exposure that the other terms might incur.

Back