New Female Advisor, Looking for Phone Script Examples

We can argue semantics til the cows come home. Some people prefer to use advisor, consultant, etc. because they think it has a "nicer" ring to it. But here's the truth: if your compensation is based on how much you sell, you are a salesperson.

I prefer "Agent" because that is what my license states. Also can reduce liability exposure that the other terms might incur.

Agent definitely works. I'm just a professional agent. I'm professional-er than the professional down the road :D

Actually it says "Producer". ;)

By golly, you are right! Had never noticed the change. Wonder when that was done? :SLEEP:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
We can argue semantics til the cows come home. Some people prefer to use advisor, consultant, etc. because they think it has a "nicer" ring to it. But here's the truth: if your compensation is based on how much you sell, you are a salesperson.

Amen and what is wrong with that as a title? Have never understood why people try so hard to avoid it. The public knows what we do. When someone asked me, I would always respond, "I sell life and health insurance." (then in my mind, "just not enough") :D

Last edited:
By golly, you are right! Had never noticed the change. Wonder when that was done? :SLEEP:

I think Moses did it just before the Ten Commandments. He wanted to make sure he had some practice in before moving on to the big stuff.

Salespeople are all lumped together, that's my issue. Car sales people, insurance, vacuum cleaners, etc.

But business owners seem to be a separate class altogether despite them being sales people as well. It's ridiculous I tell ya!

Here's a script format you can use:

Hi, this is DHK from group insurance company. Do you have a quick moment to talk? (get permission first and let them know you are calling from an insurance company)

The reason for my call is... you know how...? Well, what we do is...

I'm calling to set up a time for about 15 minutes to show you what we've got so you can judge it for yourself.

Then you begin to negotiate for a time to stop by. Sometimes you have to "invite yourself over" by saying something like: "I'll stop by your business on Monday at 10:30am. At least we can shake hands and meet. If your business is busy, we'll reschedule. Your business needs come first."

Stay professional, positive and courteous.

DHK said:
Here's a script format you can use:

Hi, this is DHK from group insurance company. Do you have a quick moment to talk? (get permission first and let them know you are calling from an insurance company)

The reason for my call is... you know how...? Well, what we do is...

I'm calling to set up a time for about 15 minutes to show you what we've got so you can judge it for yourself.

Then you begin to negotiate for a time to stop by. Sometimes you have to "invite yourself over" by saying something like: "I'll stop by your business on Monday at 10:30am. At least we can shake hands and meet. If your business is busy, we'll reschedule. Your business needs come first."

Stay professional, positive and courteous.

Thanks DHP... you seem to be the only person that can read. I'm going to be deleting my membership to this forum. This place really doesn't seem to be what it appears, the battle on what people want to call themselves is totally up to them... folks wanting to concentrate on something so stupid when someone was asking for advice isn't productive at all. It s nonsense and not worth my time reading.

Judging by this Pinklady's attitude, she is not a salesperson
just a person working in sales

Back