Ninety-Two Percent of All Agents Fail - Why?

I'm sticking with they don't contact enough people. If you have a simple-proven approach and you call on enough people, this wouldn't be a thread to begin with.

Jacques, I've heard a lot about your system, but never from someone using it successfully. I'm skeptical, can you put me in contact with three life insurance producers utilizing your system and doing MDRT or above production?

Full Throttle,
Most of what I post here has been previously published on our blog, our website, in teleseminars, webinars, and articles I have written. Like most marketing, it takes very little effort to reach a lot of people. The result is that many people read our book and some of them become prospects for our training.

I am not using this forum to sell our sales training process. To us, selling is oral person-to-person communications. When I am in a selling mode, I devote most of my time to high probability prospects. Therefore, it is okay with me if you remain skeptical.

Last edited:
Actually, the only two major industries that have such high drop-out rates are financial services and real estate. In wholesale distribution it is about 15 percent. In High Tech software and hardware sales it is less than 20 percent. In car dealerships it is about 60 percent.

I come from the car business and the drop out rate is higher than 60%. I would put it at about 80% drop out rate.

Come on isn't this a thinly veiled attempt to get people to ask you about your High probability selling system....and after only 12 posts...imagine that...
Actually it is more like 12 pages of 15 posts per page, or about 180 total posts. And, I have not told anyone about the High Probability Selling process or attempted to get anyone to do anything.

But, think about this ...
The typical insurance agent imagines they can learn how to sell well enough to earn as much as a Physician or CEO. Yet, very few have learned a sales process that consistently produces excellent results.

Actually it is more like 12 pages of 15 posts per page, or about 180 total posts. And, I have not told anyone about the High Probability Selling process or attempted to get anyone to do anything.

But, think about this ...
The typical insurance agent imagines they can learn how to sell well enough to earn as much as a Physician or CEO. Yet, very few have learned a sales process that consistently produces excellent results.
Hello Jaques. I found the following on your website and thought you might want to have your webmaster fix his error... unless you meant to spell it this way:

"About Us

High Probability, Inc. is a leading sales process development firm. We have a 20-year track record of researching, designing and improving sales processes. The typical result of our work, regardless of the complexity of products, services or sales cycles, is a simple linearsales process that significantly improves closing rates."​

And to the grammar haters out there, this is just an example of one professional doing another professional a solid.​

If the information is truly valuable then it's fair to pay for it to save time and make more money in the future. Don't be discouraged from the player haters. If your information sucks then you will be out of business shortly anyway. Beauty of the free market.

Re: Here's Why ...

Here are a few of the reasons most agents fail.

They don't realize that most insurance companies are organized to profit from the failure and turnover of new agents. Once they get some business from their "natural market," while losing the respect of friends and relatives, their inability to prospect effectively is deadly.

You must mean agencies and call centers are organized to profit from the failure and turnover of new agents, because the insurance companies lose money due to bad agents, biz falling off of the books, agents misleading clients about benefits, etc.

They work too long and hard trying to get appointments with people who will not buy from them. When they do get appointments, they waste too much time and effort closing too few prospects.
I'd guess this is a pitch from you about your product/training, and a bit vague, waste time closing too few prospects? An internet lead that does not hang up on you within the first minute or two is interested, and when you consider you offer the same products as everyone else, you either have a sales skills problem, or a confidence problem if you don't get a sale. And why set an appointment, so 80% don't show up for it? Just write the sale up.

They don't know how to get commitments to buy before they visit with a prospect.
Another pitch for high prob selling? Or is this referencing the horrific car sales technique used to get commitment first "If I find what you're looking for will you take it today?" or in health sales,"If I can save you money would you be interested?" And besides, insurance is a phone sale now, if you get interest or a commitment, write the sale!

They do not focus on a specific demographic market niche and target only that niche. They don't know how to develop favorable "front of the mind awareness" with a large number of prospects in their niche market.
Is this pitch #3? Not sure I'm losing track. They can buy leads, generate their own or call a local business. If they want to work, they can earn money. Have you ever sold insurance? Bought leads? You can filter demographic, age, conditions, etc.

They try to "help" people who don't want their help.
Or maybe they don't know how to help them, or get through to the core issues to do so. Trying to help is better than trying to disqualify every client to get to "the next" one who might buy more easily.

They don't realize that people buy what they want, not what they need.
People buy both what they want and need depending on the situation. I buy what I need, albeit sometimes begrudgingly, but I enjoy getting what I want a lot more. And let's be realistic, why do top agents sell more than average agents if people only buy what they want?

They believe that "no one wants to buy insurance, it has to be sold." Reality is that at least twenty percent of all insurance is bought from agents whose sales skills are worse than none.
A large demographic of consumers want to buy or their wouldn't be so many carriers to fulfill the need.

They believe that selling is all about persuading, convincing, and the logic of value. They don't think about how naturally resistent they are to someone who is trying to persuade them.
This is the best thing you said (imo) and 100% correct, except for the value comment, people buy on value not price but that's another discussion entirely. The fact is that they lack sales skills, use tired, old techniques that might have worked in a good economy when people are on buying sprees but now it seem agents cater to the commission rather than the client and of course fall short.

AND . . .
Yeah, after you have already made two trips and just gave them a great quote saving them $499.00 a year (with more coverage) it's like, "My homeowners insurance isn't due to renew until next February. Can you come back and see me then?"

AARRRGGGG!

Surfy

This is just poor qualifying, you should have asked when it was set to renew, and then built value in switching sooner.

When selling insurance on the phone, is it realistic to expect a client to be on the phone long enough to introduce yourself, explain the policy & fill out the application, too?
Thanks,

Back