Ninety-Two Percent of All Agents Fail - Why?

When selling insurance on the phone, is it realistic to expect a client to be on the phone long enough to introduce yourself, explain the policy & fill out the application, too?
Thanks,

Are you trying to up your number of posts? I saw this same question posted by you on another thread. "Nuff said.

No, just a new user and not real good at posting yet. I thought maybe it wouldn't get seen 0r maybe it's not in the right threat.. So now, I've put yet another post and that WILL up my number of posts - hmmmm - maybe I AM getting the hang of this??:yes::nah:

When selling insurance on the phone, is it realistic to expect a client to be on the phone long enough to introduce yourself, explain the policy & fill out the application, too?
Thanks,

That is totally determined by you, how you handle the call and whether or not you can maintain control of the call. Once you relinquish control of the call you may as well thank them for their time and go on to the next call. You lose control by permitting them to say something like "I'm not interested".

Never start by asking them questions you don't already know the answer to like "how you doing".

You must make a smooth transition from the phone call to a relaxed conversation. You will never sell anything to anyone during the phone call portion. Once you engage them in a conversation they will stay on the phone with you.

Yes, it's been realistic for many agents for 8 years or so, as long as you do a proper presentation, up front fact finding, educate the client and either allow the client to make an informed decision or close the sale, meaning conclude the sale with the concept of moving forward, lead them by the hand.

Thanks,

Yes, it's been realistic for many agents for 8 years or so, as long as you do a proper presentation, up front fact finding, educate the client and either allow the client to make an informed decision or close the sale, meaning conclude the sale with the concept of moving forward, lead them by the hand.

>>for 8 years or so,

how so???

After reading these posts, what I've gathered is this:

A professional sales person, who knows how to get after it really shouldn't have a problem making money in this industry...is that about right?

After reading these posts, what I've gathered is this:

A professional sales person, who knows how to get after it really shouldn't have a problem making money in this industry...is that about right?

Pretty damn close. The professional agents I know don't sell insurance, they help their prospects make well informed, intelligent decisions.

Come on isn't this a thinly veiled attempt to get people to ask you about your High probability selling system....and after only 12 posts...imagine that...

And I would say a lot of agents fail because they are not doing activities that put them in front of prospects....And most people treat this career as a job expecting people to flock to them to buy insurance....

Agreed.

Its not that hard.

Most agents fail because, for whatever reasons, myriad or not, they arent in front of enough folk.

2 Biggest reasons are "Buying leads" and "Taking Advances"

Care to elaborate?

If you sell/qualify/close properly neither (leads nor advances) hurt you or ruin your career, it's not the cause of the failure. It's the misinformation promulgated here and elsewhere that all you need to do is buy leads, get a quoting tool, get a dialer etc and you'll do well. If that was truly the key to success, then why the high failure rate?

If you were to apply for an accounting position with no experience, no schooling, you'd get thrown out, and until (or unless) you learned what to do, you would remain unsuccessful.

Sound familiar?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

>>for 8 years or so,

how so???

That's how long I and many others have been doing it. You don't have to believe me, check out what Norvax did and why in 2001, 9 years ago.

Norvax Company History

Back