PA Insurance Commission Bans In-Person Sales

I have always believed working a lead is not unsolicited interaction but it sounds like this government is out looking to make an example of some poor unsuspecting agent.

I have always believed working a lead is not unsolicited interaction but it sounds like this government is out looking to make an example of some poor unsuspecting agent.
The wording seems to indicate they’re only prohibiting cold knocks. But you may be right. If one prospect sees it differently and reports the agent, it could be a definite problem.

I’m not one of these play it 100% safe by the rules kind of guys but this is the same state governor that literally banned real estate activity. It’s just a little bit crazy at this point.

My daughter has had a couple of her best months ever selling real estate during this pandemic..

4 houses in my neighborhood sold at full price in days. Thats because there's zero supply as most sellers pulled their homes as their scared of virus tracing in their home and 30 yr mortgages are as low as 2.625%.

If you're a Philly agent (I know there are a few on here), don't get too excited about being able to start selling again F2F with restrictions this coming Friday (6/5). Wolf may pull a fast one:

From the Phila Inquirer:

25 minutes ago
6:28 PM - May 31, 2020

Violence could prevent Philly from moving to ‘yellow’ phase of state’s coronavirus reopening plan

The Wolf administration left open the possibility that the violence that has erupted in Philadelphia following peaceful protests of Floyd’s death might impact its decision to move the city into the yellow phase at the end of this week.

“The decision to move Philadelphia to the yellow phase will be made in coordination with state, county and health officials to determine if the county is ready to move," Wolf spokesperson Lyndsay Kensinger said in a statement.

Administration officials would not give any further details, except to say that the governor’s priority is “the health and safety of Pennsylvania residents.”

— Angela Couloumbis

I just got an email update from UPMC (an MAPD carrier) about Green Phase Guidelines:

As many Pennsylvania counties move toward the Green phases of reopening, we want to continue partnering with you to protect our vulnerable senior population while still providing needed consultation.

Consistent with recommendations from the Pennsylvania Insurance Department and Governor Wolf, UPMC for Life encourages you to continue connecting with your clients over the phone or virtually.

UPMC for Life expects all brokers to strictly adhere to the Governor’s Guidance for Licensees of the Pennsylvania Insurance Department and any requirements or restrictions associated with the reopening phase that applies in their region including the Governor’s Guidance for Businesses and orders regarding Building Safety and Worker Safety. We recognize that phased guidance applicable to your region may permit you to engage in face-to-face appointments under certain circumstances and with appropriate protective measures or practices in place. In all cases, we ask that you prioritize your own safety and that of the community by minimizing unnecessary risks of exposure and closely following State and County guidelines for safe business operations.

Latest posts

Back