Policy Delivery Poll

Do you deliver or mail policies?

• Total voters
I have always elected to personally deliver policies.. However, with the language many FE companies are adopting that the coverage does not begin until the policy is delivered, I am thinking of having the company mail the policies direct to the client. Do you mail or deliver polices? Has anyone noticed any difference in persistency one way or another?
As a debit agent for 28 years every policy was sent to the office for the agent to delivery ok- fine. Now as 1099 have most policies send to the insured.

I have always elected to personally deliver policies.. However, with the language many FE companies are adopting that the coverage does not begin until the policy is delivered, I am thinking of having the company mail the policies direct to the client.

Do you mail or deliver polices? Has anyone noticed any difference in persistency one way or another?

I have the company mail them. I'm usually working another area by the time it's approved and sent out.

I have the company mail them. I'm usually working another area by the time it's approved and sent out.

OK.. That has not been the case with me in the past. I only worked a 3 county area within a 30 mile radius of my home/office so I was normally back in their area on a fairly regular basis.

OK.. That has not been the case with me in the past. I only worked a 3 county area within a 30 mile radius of my home/office so I was normally back in their area on a fairly regular basis.

I agree, I work in 3 counties , actively , right now . Each a bit more north . .. I set appointments / deliveries and dk around the apt. I typically have an extra lead or two that I either couldn't get ahold of or talked to them earlier and said I'd stop back .

I write 400+ applications per year across 12 counties. I can see no way that I could possibly maintain that level of production if I were to deliver policies. There may be some improvement in persistency if I were to deliver, but I do not think that it would be all that significant.

I write 400+ applications per year across 12 counties. I can see no way that I could possibly maintain that level of production if I were to deliver policies. There may be some improvement in persistency if I were to deliver, but I do not think that it would be all that significant.

You write 8 apps a week and can't take 1-2 days a month to drop them off?

Sure wish we could quantify the difference in business lost that you didn't deliver, business gained since you were back in someone's home, and all the variables.

I also have to deliver most policies in the state I sell in, and have three medium to large cities where there is no need for work 12 counties so it's apples to oranges here.

Sure wish we could quantify the difference in business lost that you didn't deliver, business gained since you were back in someone's home, and all the variables.

I also have to deliver most policies in the state I sell in, and have three medium to large cities where there is no need for work 12 counties so it's apples to oranges here.
Don't forget to calculate how many policies could potentially be lost when you deliver. It's a great time for them to decide that they have changed their mind.

Back