Policy Delivery Poll

Do you deliver or mail policies?

• Total voters
Abot 35000 miles per year.So 75% of your policies have a great chance of NSF?

I have no problem finding time to deliver. I delivered 3 policies in the town I was working today. Also made time to go by one home and get a bene change form signed. That lady told me she wanted me to call her son and daughter in law and gave me the number. Also mentioned they have 5 children that they also need insurance on.

Wrote 4 new applications today, 2 at one home, drove 141 miles today.

Faxing in apps and sending thank you cards right now. Tomorrow afternoon after I set my Thurs appointments in the am I have to drive about an hour to deliver a policy that's out of my regular schedule right now.

But when I called to tell him of my plans he said he has a son that just moved back from Florida and he needs life insurance so he will have him there tomorrow. It all seems to work out.
The man's a horse!:noteworthy:

I wasn't spinning you. Just pointing out what you said, "I deliver 75% of my policies and notice that the ones that I deliver have a greater chance of nsf than those mailed."

Maybe you didn't mean it like it read? Thanks for the props, I think I do have a well oiled system that fits me and works for me. It took a long time and a lot of errors to get here. My way of doing things is probably far too labor intensive for the average agent.

But I was a tire builder for 18 years. I know what hot, heavy hard work is. This ain't tire building.

Yeah, but isn't it at least a little strain to lift all of those policies out of the mailbox? :1smile:

Good thread!

Cementing the sale, during the sale, is great!

Persistency and placement will be higher for any agent, who hand delivers the policy.

When you go over it with the client, this also helps them feel even more secure than a first meeting.

Also, if the client has any buyers remorse, that second meeting can often remove those thought from their mind.

This is also a good time to get referrals. You can gently remind the prospect that you have time today to help any of their friends or family too!

How many appointments are you running a day?
Do you schedule appointments around deliveries or vice versa ?
How do you write the amount of apps and deliver ?
Are you're deliveries in the same city as where you're currently running appointments?
Do you call and set a time to drop off policy ?
What amount of time is spent on appointments and delivering policy's ?

How many appointments are you running a day?
Do you schedule appointments around deliveries or vice versa ?
How do you write the amount of apps and deliver ?
Are you're deliveries in the same city as where you're currently running appointments?
Do you call and set a time to drop off policy ?

Hey,you are copying me by asking direct questions,great style dude.

I have another question to add to your list I've been meaning to ask.

How do you "big hitters",and I mean guys writing at least 250 apps a year,do all of the above with high persistency while at the same time be tethered to the forum,and instantly reply to forum threads ?

Please help me understand.

Last edited:

How do you "big hitters",and I mean guys writing at least 250 apps a year,do all of the above with high persistency while at the same time be tethered to the forum,and instantly reply to forum threads ?

It's elementary, my dear Watson....they had themselves cloned. :)

That's only 5 apps a week.....

How many appointments are you running a day? 12-15
Do you schedule appointments around deliveries or vice versa ? I only deliver big sales and the ones that I have to really push
How do you write the amount of apps and deliver ? See above
Are you're deliveries in the same city as where you're currently running appointments? Yes
Do you call and set a time to drop off policy ? Yes

I spend about 30-40 minutes making a sale and 15 minutes delivering the policy

Most of them, JD for example, have developed a very efficient way of operating and therefore are only in the field a couple of days per week. Leaves plenty of time for other things.

1. We all come off as being very knowledgeable and intelligent in the house
2. I secure my sales by building building rapport as a PROFESSIONAL and NOT as their friend, and cement the sales by showing my ID, insurance license, and pointing out my A Rating with the BBB
3. I leave the client with a folder full of stuff that they can use like a living will, ss benefit billing calendar, and much more
4. I also send them a send out card after sending up the application
5. When they are approved, I call and congratulate the client on their approval and I do it in a way that is exciting and great news for them
6. I don't go on the forum while in the field as I am way to busy

Remember, there are several frauds on the FE Forum. Those of us that are "big hitters" have been on carrier conventions and you see our names on the top of the carriers newsletters.

Back