Policy Delivery Poll

Do you deliver or mail policies?

• Total voters
This baseball dudes a hoot . 1 o2 days to deliver 35 policys . The chances of getting even 50% on the phone to deliver is slim . Then of those 14 you get an appt with it could be over 5 days and 4 of them stand you up . Plus throw 10-15% who change their mind . No way I'd ever deliver .

I write around 300 applications per year and have worked 14 counties for most of my career. I deliver almost all policies.

I get most of my referrals at delivery. As for someone canceling at delivery, never had that happen.

About the only policies I don't deliver are Trinity/FBL due to their asinine delivery rules.

This baseball dudes a hoot . 1 o2 days to deliver 35 policys . The chances of getting even 50% on the phone to deliver is slim . Then of those 14 you get an appt with it could be over 5 days and 4 of them stand you up . Plus throw 10-15% who change their mind . No way I'd ever deliver .

None of that matters when most of my carriers REQUIRE a signed delievey page. It's gotta happen. For the record I delieverd 10 policies, took an app and did a 60k annuity in one day.

Don't forget to calculate how many policies could potentially be lost when you deliver. It's a great time for them to decide that they have changed their mind.

That's probably just in your head. I don't remember ever losing one at a policy delivery. I've had several call to cancel before the delivery that I saved at the delivery.

I write around 300 applications per year and have worked 14 counties for most of my career. I deliver almost all policies.

I get most of my referrals at delivery. As for someone canceling at delivery, never had that happen.

About the only policies I don't deliver are Trinity/FBL due to their asinine delivery rules.

Just curious dude, how many miles do you drive for business in an average work week?

I deliver 75% of my policies and notice that the ones that I deliver have a greater chance of nsf than those mailed.

I agree that's it better to hand deliver but find it tough to prioritize with a big work load, lots of fresh leads scattered in several counties,with mountains to cross.

Just curious dude, how many miles do you drive for business in an average work week?

I deliver 75% of my policies and notice that the ones that I deliver have a greater chance of nsf than those mailed.

I agree that's it better to hand deliver but find it tough to prioritize with a big work load, lots of fresh leads scattered in several counties,with mountains to cross.

About 35,000 miles per year. So 75% of your policies have a great chance of NSF?

I have no problem finding time to deliver. I delivered 3 policies in the town I was working today. Also made time to go by one home and get a bene change form signed. That lady told me she wanted me to call her son and daughter in law and gave me the number. Also mentioned they have 5 children that they also need insurance on.

Wrote 4 new applications today, 2 at one home, drove 141 miles today.

Faxing in apps and sending thank you cards right now. Tomorrow afternoon after I set my Thurs appointments in the am I have to drive about an hour to deliver a policy that's out of my regular schedule right now.

But when I called to tell him of my plans he said he has a son that just moved back from Florida and he needs life insurance so he will have him there tomorrow. It all seems to work out.

I did about 6 months of 90% delievery and didn't any major wins or loss in it. It likely helps, and really a must early on in selling.

Don't forget to calculate how many policies could potentially be lost when you deliver. It's a great time for them to decide that they have changed their mind.

You could possibly make an argument that you might miss out on writing a policy from running additional leads during the time spent delivering your polices but the polices lost because they change their mind when you deliver their policy is a fallacy. In the 45 years I have been in the business, I don't remember a single case where they backed out at the time delivery.

About 35,000 miles per year. So 75% of your policies have a great chance of NSF?

I have no problem finding time to deliver. I delivered 3 policies in the town I was working today. Also made time to go by one home and get a bene change form signed. That lady told me she wanted me to call her son and daughter in law and gave me the number. Also mentioned they have 5 children that they also need insurance on.

Wrote 4 new applications today, 2 at one home, drove 141 miles today.

Faxing in apps and sending thank you cards right now. Tomorrow afternoon after I set my Thurs appointments in the am I have to drive about an hour to deliver a policy that's out of my regular schedule right now.

But when I called to tell him of my plans he said he has a son that just moved back from Florida and he needs life insurance so he will have him there tomorrow. It all seems to work out.

Lol...you trying to spin me dude ?

75% hand delivered,25% mailed.

Many that I have spent time going out of my way to deliver have gone bad,just saying. The ones I was a little concerned about that I have mailed some surprisingly have stayed on the books.

Some of the hand delivered policy owners/clients shared summer goodies from their gardens,fed me a meal,gave me a referral,and surprisingly fell off the books in the first year,just saying.

You are just a guy that has it going on all cylinders in FE,everything is perfect.

All I need is do things half as correct as you do and I can be a great success !

Lol...you trying to spin me dude ?

75% hand delivered,25% mailed.

Many that I have spent time going out of my way to deliver have gone bad,just saying. The ones I was a little concerned about that I have mailed some surprisingly have stayed on the books.

Some of the hand delivered policy owners/clients shared summer goodies from their gardens,fed me a meal,gave me a referral,and surprisingly fell off the books in the first year,just saying.

You are just a guy that has it going on all cylinders in FE,everything is perfect.

All I need is do things half as correct as you do and I can be a great success !

I wasn't spinning you. Just pointing out what you said, "I deliver 75% of my policies and notice that the ones that I deliver have a greater chance of nsf than those mailed."

Maybe you didn't mean it like it read? Thanks for the props, I think I do have a well oiled system that fits me and works for me. It took a long time and a lot of errors to get here. My way of doing things is probably far too labor intensive for the average agent.

But I was a tire builder for 18 years. I know what hot, heavy hard work is. This ain't tire building.

Back