Question on Scheduling Issues.

What do you say when someone says "I am normally free on Mondays and Tuesdays" and it's too late to schedule for a Monday or Tuesday?

You say I'll only be in for about five minutes and they say "well I don't know if I'm available during the days aside from those two days."

I've been getting this a lot lately and now I have one person to see.... on Monday at 1pm.

ALSO a few people have asked me "what do you need to see me for?" What are your responses?

Since I only call for the next day I don't get that much. I do get, I'm not available tomorrow but I will be in 3 days or whatever.

I simply tell them I'm not going to be there in 3 days, I'm going to be there tomorrow. If they can't meet tomorrow then I'm on to the next lead to schedule for tomorrow.

I never get the what do you need to see me for. I told them up front why I'm calling and why I need to see them.

You seem to want to learn this business. But you are not with an upline that can teach you. That would be my first recommendation. Get with a mentor that knows this business.

What do you say when someone says "I am normally free on Mondays and Tuesdays" and it's too late to schedule for a Monday or Tuesday?

You say I'll only be in for about five minutes and they say "well I don't know if I'm available during the days aside from those two days."

I've been getting this a lot lately and now I have one person to see.... on Monday at 1pm.

ALSO a few people have asked me "what do you need to see me for?" What are your responses?

If you have not taken the time to listen to the Interview Galt did with JD, you should.. Pure Gold for the new agent. You will find the answer to many of your questions. :yes:

Agent Audio Interviews

If you have not taken the time to listen to the Interview Galt did with JD, you should.. Pure Gold for the new agent. You will find the answer to many of your questions. :yes:

Agent Audio Interviews

Exactly. JD talks about how you say something as opposed to what you say. When I read many of JD and Hoosier's posts, what strikes me is their mentality when calling and presenting. They're in charge from the initial call all the way through the presentation and paperwork. That's the key!:yes:

Agent Audio Interviews

Juuuuuuust finished hearing it and for my next leads will be using "I'll be there tomorrow."

----------

Exactly. JD talks about how you say something as opposed to what you say. When I read many of JD and Hoosier's posts, what strikes me is their mentality when calling and presenting. They're in charge from the initial call all the way through the presentation and paperwork. That's the key!:yes:

Yeah, so far I haven't seen anybody taking charge the way they talk about.

One guy here in NJ refused to make appointments so we just drove to each house.

Another guy I found in DE that was my upline did the same thing where he didn't set appointments.

When I was a captive those agents rarely made calls and had the new guys make all the calls because while training the new guys had no rights to those people as all that business becane a part of the captive company.. so those managers didn't really work the phones only the trainees.

I actually prefer to make appointments because I don't want to waste my time and gas driving around. The only time I drive around and door knock is when the number is non-working or I can't get them on the phone.

Juuuuuuust finished hearing it and for my next leads will be using "I'll be there tomorrow."

----------

Yeah, so far I haven't seen anybody taking charge the way they talk about.

One guy here in NJ refused to make appointments so we just drove to each house.

Another guy I found in DE that was my upline did the same thing where he didn't set appointments.

When I was a captive those agents rarely made calls and had the new guys make all the calls because while training the new guys had no rights to those people as all that business becane a part of the captive company.. so those managers didn't really work the phones only the trainees.

I actually prefer to make appointments because I don't want to waste my time and gas driving around. The only time I drive around and door knock is when the number is non-working or I can't get them on the phone.

I hear you. I first started working DM leads back in the late '90s out in rural PA (LTC). Between having to go to the post office to find the RD's and having to drive back ten miles the way you came because you missed a turn, it was a grind. In Philly, you can easily have a week's worth of leads within a mile radius. For me, door knocking dense urban areas isn't inefficient. The Country? Never again! I think I'll try blowing some monkey dust through the phone before heading back out there.:yes:

p.s.- Door knocking can never be completely eliminated in the country or anywhere, but it sure would be nice if I had a couple of set appointments to work around. And no, I'm not an FEX guy. I just happened to steal some monkey dust off the forum. Good thing the FEX mafia doesn't know where I live!:D

With all due respect can you give me your take on the original question? What would you do?

I would set the appointment for the next week on one of the two days, then do a follow up confirmation call before that. Many agents won't do it that way though. Some, as you can see from the replies, will just throw the lead away. I never worked like that. If I paid for the lead I'm going to work it the way I have to and I'm going to keep that lead until I either get a no or they die.

I would set the appointment for the next week on one of the two days, then do a follow up confirmation call before that. Many agents won't do it that way though. Some, as you can see from the replies, will just throw the lead away. I never worked like that. If I paid for the lead I'm going to work it the way I have to and I'm going to keep that lead until I either get a no or they die.

Todd, you and I are the same. I must admit when people tell me to just chuck it in the garbage I think to myself, "they didn't say no and I paid for this lead." My viewpoint on it may change in the future but for now I am working it like that.

I do hate it when people tell me "I'm only available Mondays and Tuesdays" or where it's obvious that I can meet with them only the following week because I have gotten no's after that but it hasn't been something that's always happened. I called up one guy and he asked if this was for auto insurance and said it was for life insurance. He said he already had that and thanked me for my time. I went to see him a week later just door knocking and got the business.

Like I said, it's not usual but I feel as though if you don't follow up until they say no or die like you said I'm losing out on a possible client which right now I don't want to give any chance to luck.

Anyways thank you. I told the woman I would contact her Sunday and plan to mail her a card for the appointment which she should receive by Monday for our appointment.

----------

I hear you. I first started working DM leads back in the late '90s out in rural PA (LTC). Between having to go to the post office to find the RD's and having to drive back ten miles the way you came because you missed a turn, it was a grind. In Philly, you can easily have a week's worth of leads within a mile radius. For me, door knocking dense urban areas isn't inefficient. The Country? Never again! I think I'll try blowing some monkey dust through the phone before heading back out there.:yes:

p.s.- Door knocking can never be completely eliminated in the country or anywhere, but it sure would be nice if I had a couple of set appointments to work around. And no, I'm not an FEX guy. I just happened to steal some monkey dust off the forum. Good thing the FEX mafia doesn't know where I live!:D

Yeah like JD said, I prefer making appointments so you know what your day can look like, but if need be I'll door knock.. I don't like doing door knocking without appointments but I'll do it if I can't get them on the phone or got a no over the phone.

Back