Random Thoughts, Ramblings, Ideas, Questions, Etc..

Since this thread is about random thoughts and ramblings, I thought you all would like to get a chuckle. My old HS buddy is a P'Murica mgr and infiltrates my Facebook a bit too often.....and came up with this today:
P'Murica is going to be announcing soon the solution to the Obama Care problem for health insurance, you are finally going to have an outlet for your health insurance needs...stay tuned.
I wonder if they are teaming up with USHA?

:nah:

Since this thread is about random thoughts and ramblings, I thought you all would like to get a chuckle. My old HS buddy is a P'Murica mgr and infiltrates my Facebook a bit too often.....and came up with this today:
P'Murica is going to be announcing soon the solution to the Obama Care problem for health insurance, you are finally going to have an outlet for your health insurance needs...stay tuned.

Buy STM and invest the difference?

November 13, 2014

I'm finding that several BCBS 2014 plans here in Illinois will be having a REDUCTION of premium for 2015.

For those who have experienced this rare phenomena before, do commissions adjust DOWN? One would think not, since increasing premiums do not raise commissions. In general, are commissions adjustments immune to non-customer initiated premium fluctuations up and down? Thanks in advance to any replier who has experienced this.
-Allen

November 13, 2014

I'm finding that several BCBS 2014 plans here in Illinois will be having a REDUCTION of premium for 2015.

For those who have experienced this rare phenomena before, do commissions adjust DOWN? One would think not, since increasing premiums do not raise commissions. In general, are commissions adjustments immune to non-customer initiated premium fluctuations up and down? Thanks in advance to any replier who has experienced this.
-Allen

In Texas, (its not that rare) we still get our 6% of the premium. Up, down or sideways.

----------

They are selling Assurant in Texas.

Which is almost as laughable as "buy term and invest the difference". They won't have any cash left to buy the term.

In Texas, (its not that rare) we still get our 6% of the premium. Up, down or sideways.

Thanks for the reply, KGMom. I assume you're referencing BCBS. The Texas colored company must have a better compensation plan than we do. Our renewal commission is based on the initial premium..year after year, unless the client changes the plan to increase/decrease the premium in some way.

It would suck if this year we get a decrease in renewal commission dollars on the plans that lowered the premiums, but no increase on the plans that raised premiums from 2014 to 2015.

Here we are 2 days before Open Enrollment commences and BCBSIL still has not posted, or uttered a word about the 2015 commission schedule.

Thanks for the reply, KGMom. I assume you're referencing BCBS. The Texas colored company must have a better compensation plan than we do. Our renewal commission is based on the initial premium..year after year, unless the client changes the plan to increase/decrease the premium in some way.

It would suck if this year we get a decrease in renewal commission dollars on the plans that lowered the premiums, but no increase on the plans that raised premiums from 2014 to 2015.

Here we are 2 days before Open Enrollment commences and BCBSIL still has not posted, or uttered a word about the 2015 commission schedule.

That totally sucks!!!

I was told no commission changes.

And I am wondering what the bonus schedule looks like too....

Back