Regularly scheduled programming

I had a pest control guy knock on my door trying to sell pest control last week. The week before, I had a home alarm system salesman knock on my door.

It will still be around in 25 years. Even 50 years. If it's not around in 100 years, I won't care because I'll be long dead.
If you're one of those walking dead zombies door knocking me in a hundred years I'm going to be pissed.

Did the plane get rid of folks using cars? Did email get rid of folks talking on the phone? Did Sproutt, Policy Genius, etc. kill the need for agents?

It's almost like there's a place for both. AI will replace some jobs. But there will always be a place for face-to-face sales agents.

Perhaps this may be a more accurate way to look at it... Face to face agents will always be able to replace tele sales. Folks love their phones and computers, but an effective f2f agent knows how to build trust with the warm glow of personality that phones and computers don't have.

Just saying...

This shows a lack of understanding of FE folks. A lot of these folks are anti-technology. They either don't trust it or don't understand it. Or both.

They also don't answer phone calls, which is why there will always be a place for face to face agents.

I’ll agree with that mostly . Out of every 100 calls they’ll get curious and pick up the phone . It only takes 1 pickup for them to buy or especially with mapd be flipped . As far as your bug and pest control guys knocking . I’ve probably had 3 people that i know of knock my door in the last 10 yrs. We deal with the poorest of the poor . So door knocking will work for the foreseeable future. But door knocking much much harder in middle income and above . 1/2 the people have ring bells and educated people more weary of scams . I’ve made an incredible living basically door knocking . I’ll continue it till roi no longer makes sense .

This shows a lack of understanding of FE folks. A lot of these folks are anti-technology. They either don't trust it or don't understand it. Or both.

They also don't answer phone calls, which is why there will always be a place for face to face agents.

According to FEX they do answer the phone. In fact,FEX trains there agents on how to call and set appointments.

Some of their big hitters have appointment setters.

Why would a big hitter in FE hire an appointment setter if FE clientele did not answer the telephone?

Perhaps this may be a more accurate way to look at it... Face to face agents will always be able to replace tele sales. Folks love their phones and computers, but an effective f2f agent knows how to build trust with the warm glow of personality that phones and computers don't have.

Just saying...
Hard to give hugs over the phone. :yes:

In ten years? You must have a damn grizzly bear chained to your front porch. I've had 3 this week.

I’m not home a ton . I live in a middle income type neighborhood. But yes I hardly ever get knocked . My friends say the same

Found this funny because if you door knock around here, you immediately end up on next-door with pictures of your car and you at the door.

Some of these people are scared of their own shadow.

It’s funny as hell you say that . I’m on next door and I see that all the time . They’ll post the pic and car and say “ be careful of this guy he’s walking all over the neighborhood. I think he’s shady . Matter of fact a door to door alarm salesman went crazy one time fighting with all the people saying “ he has a right to make a living “

Back