Replacement

noah

Guru
1000 Post Club
My client:
M,76,T,Oxygen,$2500 Graded,$62 a month,issued 5/14,Monumental.

Replacing agent:
M,77,T,$5000 GI (Oxygen)$77 a month Gerber issued 2/15.

So I call the client,the wife tells me she doubled the coverage for just a few dollars more.

Spoke with client's daughter who has moved in to care for her dad,she says they don't expect him to last another year?

Replacing agent did not advise another 2 year wait on new policy.

WTF ?

My client:
M,76,T,Oxygen,$2500 Graded,$62 a month,issued 5/14,Monumental.

Replacing agent:
M,77,T,$5000 GI (Oxygen)$77 a month Gerber issued 2/15.

So I call the client,the wife tells me she doubled the coverage for just a few dollars more.

Spoke with client's daughter who has moved in to care for her dad,she says they don't expect him to last another year?

Replacing agent did not advise another 2 year wait on new policy.

WTF ?

I wouldn't worry about the other agent, I'd get in front of the daughter and show her the difference. With your policy he's nearly in the 70% second year assuming it's a true graded. If he makes it ten months that's $1750 vs. $770. If he does make it 15 months it's $2500 vs. $1100.

My client: M,76,T,Oxygen,$2500 Graded,$62 a month,issued 5/14,Monumental. Replacing agent: M,77,T,$5000 GI (Oxygen)$77 a month Gerber issued 2/15. So I call the client,the wife tells me she doubled the coverage for just a few dollars more. Spoke with client's daughter who has moved in to care for her dad,she says they don't expect him to last another year? Replacing agent did not advise another 2 year wait on new policy. WTF ?

Dude you sold one of the most expensive graded/ROP plans on the market and got 9 months out of it...as they say in the movies...let it go, let it goooo

----------

I wouldn't worry about the other agent, I'd get in front of the daughter and show her the difference. With your policy he's nearly in the 70% second year assuming it's a true graded. If he makes it ten months that's $1750 vs. $770. If he does make it 15 months it's $2500 vs. $1100.

You couldn't pay me enough money to go back and see this person...stupid is stupid.

If I were the Gerber dude,I would have left the Monumental in place and just added some coverage. According to the daughter,the client might not even make it another year.
No problem walking after the 9 months,just thinking about whats best for the client.

If I were the Gerber dude,I would have left the Monumental in place and just added some coverage. According to the daughter,the client might not even make it another year.
No problem walking after the 9 months,just thinking about whats best for the client.

As long as it was not out of my way I would go back in and knock the other guy out of the house just because I am the only Ahole allowed in my homes. If it was out of my way I would type up pretty much what Josh said and mail it to them so if the client dies they can look to the other agent for the money.

What is the chargeback at Monumental for lapses? What is the chargeback for early deaths on the graded?

No offense but if you were just thinking about whats best for the client you would have never written him TA in the first place.

Good recommendation,I called the daughter explained exactly what you said,furthermore,I followed up with a written comparison. I received a phone call this past monday morning from them wanting to reinstate the policy.

They also decided it was better to let go of the Gerber policy and have arranged a deal with the funeral home for $150 a month.

Thank You !

Back