Script Opinions

I agree with preacherboy...never ask a question where you're not prepared for ALL answers?

NOT...do you want to set an appt as an option is no.
YES...what would be best tomorrow evening or saturday morning?

NOT...do you think one of these plans works for you?
YES...does the X or the Y better fit your needs?

Prepare for all answers...I would review a client and options and mentally prepare on the way to appts for all scenarios (as best I could). Be relentless in preparation like Peyton Manning before a game. I'm a Steelers fan...but Peyton is a great example.

I 100% agree with you Sheryl...HOW you say something is just as important as WHAT you're saying. It's the difference between sounding credible and sounding like a "typical" telemarketer.

Any changes, recommendations? Open to anything right now. Just tried to keep it short, sweet, and to the point.

You basically only have about 3-4 seconds before you either get a no or hung up on. So, your first line needs to be short and it needs to hook them. Once you're in the door, you're open to give the rest of your pitch, but keep it short and sweet.

One thing to consider is, if everyone else is doing it and everyone else is struggling, then do something different.

For me, since it's true you only have a few seconds to hook them, I think the best thing to do if you're calling locally, is to let them know you are local. I am MUCH more apt to do business with someone in my hometown than someone calling me from 1000 miles away and I believe others are the same way---especially in smaller communities.

I have had success with this method in 2012. It works. I have made many appointments on cold calls doing exactly what I am advising. It doesn't matter if its from the 80's 90's or 50's if it works use it.

I agree. The Dale Carnegie course is basically unchanged from 1912.. Earl Nightingale first recorded "Lead the Field" in 1960. Both are just as effective today as they were when they were first presented.

I agree with Dot Com...you have the first few seconds to GET their attention then every 5-10 seconds after to KEEP their attention. I always lead with my script first then my best point/question next (like a 1-2 punch)... need t start with your best stuff. I always tried to ask questions that I already new the answer to and if during the conversation it turns from you doing most of the talking to them doing most of the talking... I think that's a good sign.

You have 3.7 seconds to tell them:
  • Who You Are
  • Why You Are Calling
  • What's In It For Them

This is Bob Levine, with Legacy Financial Partners. Over here off Ashford Dunwoody, near Perimeter Mall. The reason for my call was to share with you the possible upcoming changes in the laws, and how they affect families here in our area. Not something I can do over the phone. Do you have your calendar handy?

Just my two cents worth.

Back