Senior Life Insurance Contract For Telesales

Matt

So the truth finally comes out of your mouth. You really don't know anything about final expense sales. LOL

Rumors and half truths that agents like you spread are always funny when it actually comes down to you don't know what you are talking about in which you stated your self.

If you were a success in what ever you do (financial genius) you wouldn't have time to waste in the FE industry.

Can you point out where I said I don't know anything about FE???? I'm an Insurance professional...i deal with all sorts of individuals, and not all my clients need Simplified Issue Whole Life...Sorry that you can't handle Senior Life Telesale agents having 40-45% lapse ratios...Per haps you should work harder, and improve your persistency numbers...Again, you come on here rambling, and are embarrassing yourself, and Senior Life...Then again, it is Senior life we are talking about! :D

I don't do FE telesales, or FE full time...I only reported the laspe ratio of one Senior Life Manager's team...If you can't handle it, perhaps you should go to another forum....This thread is not about MattSchmidt Final Expense production, but rather the bad persistency of Senior Life's tele sales....Nice try Mga, but your blame shifting methods won't work on me

One sample, as you used above, does not show any truth or meaning. I might flip a dime one time and it lands on heads. This "one time occurrence" doesn't mean other flips of the dime will also be heads. Also doesn't mean most of the flips will be heads either.

I've interviewed agents who write for companies with super cheap premiums and the agent still has persistency problems. Can you explain how that happens, since the premium is the cheapest around? I can: that agent didn't have enough GOOD training on how to "salt the business down", didn't have the gonads to offer the check back so Ms. Jones can say "go ahead and send everything off to the co., I'm satisfied", didn't do or even know how to do a proper "warm-down".

The agent has the most influence on the prospect.....if the prospect will let you in the door, if the prospect will buy from YOU, if the prospect picks the premium THEY can afford, if the prospect will give you referrals, etc., etc.

EVERY company, EVERY agency/mgr. will have losers grumble and criticize. It just comes with the territory. All of your comments about Sr Life, LH, etc are just here-say. YOU don't have any real world experience writing for these companies.

How can you expect to have any credibility up here with your comments since you don't have any real experience? Agents who are in the trenches every day have much more credibility than a "financial advisor" to the FE market. Wouldn't you agree?

One sample, as you used above, does not show any truth or meaning. I might flip a dime one time and it lands on heads. This "one time occurrence" doesn't mean other flips of the dime will also be heads. Also doesn't mean most of the flips will be heads either.

I've interviewed agents who write for companies with super cheap premiums and the agent still has persistency problems. Can you explain how that happens, since the premium is the cheapest around? I can: that agent didn't have enough GOOD training on how to "salt the business down", didn't have the gonads to offer the check back so Ms. Jones can say "go ahead and send everything off to the co., I'm satisfied", didn't do or even know how to do a proper "warm-down".

The agent has the most influence on the prospect.....if the prospect will let you in the door, if the prospect will buy from YOU, if the prospect picks the premium THEY can afford, if the prospect will give you referrals, etc., etc.

EVERY company, EVERY agency/mgr. will have losers grumble and criticize. It just comes with the territory. All of your comments about Sr Life, LH, etc are just here-say. YOU don't have any real world experience writing for these companies.

How can you expect to have any credibility up here with your comments since you don't have any real experience? Agents who are in the trenches every day have much more credibility than a "financial advisor" to the FE market. Wouldn't you agree?

You are absolutely right! another agent asked what the persistency was, and I gave him the number from a Manager I know with SL...MGA didn't like the answers, and decided to be childish, and immature....and I think most people on here would believe the #'s if they didn't come from a SL recruiter...Good post though Insuranceman

Is the lapse rate that bad?

I don't know about the lapse rate for that particular company but the lapse rate for telesales of FE is pretty high across the board.

Telesale for FE is a failed proposition for the producing agent.

Of course you will hear differently but you only hear that from people that recruit for telesales.

It is a good deal for the uplines and if that's where you intend to be then it will probably work out. If you intend to just be a producer then you may be the first to make it as a telemarketer.

Last edited:
SL and LH have the highest lapsed rates in the business. That should tell you everything you need to know.

Telesales just adds to those numbers.

", didn't do or even know how to do a proper "warm-down".

Love this forum.. After 42 years, still learning.. I have never heard the post closing activity called the "warm down".. In fact, you almost never hear that portion of the interview process mentioned at all but when you stop and think about it, you realize handling it properly is very important to maintaining good persistencey :noteworthy:

Love this forum.. After 42 years, still learning.. I have never heard the post closing activity called the "warm down".. In fact, you almost never hear that portion of the interview process mentioned at all but when you stop and think about it, you realize handling it properly is very important to maintaining good persistencey :noteworthy:

I've used that wording here before and got blasted for it.

I heard that the first time from Tim W. He says he does a "warm down" after the sale is completed.

Seems like an appropriate phrasing for what we do.

I've used that wording here before and got blasted for it.

I heard that the first time from Tim W. He says he does a "warm down" after the sale is completed.

Seems like an appropriate phrasing for what we do.

Very appropriate..

You taking Thursday off from the field? Don't normally see you here during the day on Thursdays..

Very appropriate..

You taking Thursday off from the field? Don't normally see you here during the day on Thursdays..

Nah, just a late start. I was over my weekly goal from Tues so I'm just running a few appointments today. My first one is in Evansville, In at noon. I'll be leaving at about 11:00.

Back