Some Thoughts On Improving Direct Mailer Response Rates

I believe the Stagnate Rates that agents get is that they SETTLE for the Vendors Lead Card and do not customize their own card to mail.

Make it slightly different than the boiler room copy that a Vendor uses....

We all can agree that the sweet spot is ages 60-75... Ages 50-58 and 76-80 are among the highest numbers returned and some of the worst clients as persistence and cost are issues with these ages.

I have one simple thing that actually boosts quality and response rate no matter what your choice in DEMO you use..... Female First.....

It is a term that does not mean Females only it means that a household that has both spouses... The head of the household is usually male and listed on the address label the vendor uses for DM.....

Female First simply reverses the order in those households and will list the Female member of the house on the address label.... There is no cost to this and should easily be available to any agent at Zero cost form the List house your DM Vendor uses... You just need to point it out.

Using Female First has actually added 15-20 basis points on returns no matter the card used or demographic sent to....

Skipper

And as usual Skipper strolls in and knocks it out of the park with proven methods, when you get ready to adopt me just let me know :)

I believe the reason for Stagnate Rates that agents get, is they SETTLE for the Vendors Lead Card and do not customize their own card to mail. Make it slightly different than the boiler room copy that a Vendor uses and make it your own in your region of the country.... We all can agree that the sweet spot is ages 60-75... Ages 50-58 and 76-80 are among the highest numbers returned and some of the worst clients as persistence and cost are issues with these ages. I have one simple thing that actually boosts quality and response rate, no matter what your choice in DEMO..... Female First..... It is a term that does not mean Females only it means that a household that has both spouses... The head of the household is usually male and listed on the address label the vendor uses for DM..... Female First simply reverses the order in those households and will list the Female member of the house on the address label.... There is no cost to do this and should easily be available to any agent at Zero cost from the List house your DM Vendor uses... You just need to point it out. Using Female First has actually added 15-20 basis points on returns for our agents, no matter the card used or demographic used.... Female First Works.. Skipper

Smart tip right there. That pays for a whole month's forum membership fee.

Back