Spending money on leads

Guidance

Expert
Hello, I need some advice. My budget is $1,500 to spend on advertising, marketing, buying leads...etc. any feedback would be greatly appreciated as to which works best?
Should I market on social media?
Mailers/post cards?
Radio commercials?
Or buy leads?

I don't sell Med Sups, but they have tighter regulations on how you're allowed to market yourself. However, to me, both FE and Med Sups are commodities.

The ultimate way, based on what you've listed, is to invest more in sweat equity and buy some leads... or rather a list. You'll want a T-65 list. And just start calling to introduce yourself.

You can get lists from both @Josh at www.YourLeadStore.com and there's another one that I'm looking at is www.thedatacentral.com. The 2nd one (supposedly) includes email addresses.

And yes, these people WILL answer their phones. Think of all the calls we get from doctors and health insurance that aren't in your caller ID. They'll pick up.

The next question will be: what is your introduction going to be? What will you say? That skill will be important.

The reason I would advocate the lists and calling is because it's the least expensive, should get the most engagement, it's in your control, and it can help you build up your skills... all at the same time.

With everything else, you risk far more money on "one-shot" deals. It may work, or it may not. I'd rather have some more control by using sweat equity.

Thank you so much for your input! That's exactly what I do now, and have been doing since I started selling insurance 10 yes ago. Just looking for something different to try. Tired of telemarketing

I know some people have more 'luck' with funnels on social media, but I think you'd need a larger budget than $1,500 to really make a go of it.

I know someone doing advanced life insurance strategies and I think he spent $40k over 6 months? Granted, he supposedly did over $2 million of premium, but he had the bucks to work with at first.

Door knocking works too. However you cant talk about MAPD or Part D . It must be strictly Supplements or you can get in trouble. Also make sure your city allows door knocking , some cities have regulations. The same list you buy to call , can also be used to Door Knock . This is what several of the Captive Supplement carriers tell their new agents to do and it does work. If you don't have the $$$ to mass market then put your sweat equity into cold calling and door knocking and you will succeed. Good luck!

Reactions: DHK
Thank you so much for your input! That's exactly what I do now, and have been doing since I started selling insurance 10 yes ago. Just looking for something different to try. Tired of telemarketing

Maybe I'm missing something here, but if your $1500 budget is per month, then I see no reason why you can't start buying leads. After 10 years, I would assume you're getting referrals as well.

The referrals will come faster, and better quality, with purchased leads. You definitely wouldn't be spending $1500/month for long.

The trick is you don't shut up until they buy something, even if it's a vision plan for $15/month. If they're talking to you, they want to buy something.

Back