Starting With Securus

Doesn't their agreement state that those leads that you pay $21 for are only yours for 35 days? After that, they're going to re-sell them for a lower cost to someone that comes after you?

Why wouldn't you want to do you own mailing with a reputable company like Mainstreet Powermail, A.R.M., Value Mailing, Kramer, etc., keep those leads exclusively yours and make 115% commission?

I would hate to pay $21 each for a set of leads only to find that someone else got to them before you did if they weren't sold immediately..and that lead (that you paid to mail) has been sold and re-sold by the company that gave you only an 80% or so commission for the pleasure of it all!?!

What am I missing here?

You know that you can buy a mix of leads a lot cheaper than 21 bucks. Securus has at least 6 different levels of leads. Starts at 21 and going down to 40 cents. I've been running old leads for 2 and a half days and though I haven't wrote an app yet, I am scheduled to meet with 4 for FE policies and a Single premium paid up WL. My manager gave me these leads to help me get started. I expect to have several apps written by Saturday. Not bad for first week with Securus.

Very well said. A lot of big egos clash around here.

What was well said about it? He is flat out wrong. This site is amazing for getting information and networking with other agents.

I suppose one gets as good as they give?

If one comes here solely to recruit and never offers anything of substance, then it probably can be difficult to hang around. You can get an award for it, though.;)

Doesn't their agreement state that those leads that you pay $21 for are only yours for 35 days? After that, they're going to re-sell them for a lower cost to someone that comes after you?

Why wouldn't you want to do you own mailing with a reputable company like Mainstreet Powermail, A.R.M., Value Mailing, Kramer, etc., keep those leads exclusively yours and make 115% commission?

I would hate to pay $21 each for a set of leads only to find that someone else got to them before you did if they weren't sold immediately..and that lead (that you paid to mail) has been sold and re-sold by the company that gave you only an 80% or so commission for the pleasure of it all!?!

What am I missing here?

It isn't an 80 point contract.
Yes,leads THAT HAVEN'T BEEN SOLD after 35 days are available to other Securus agents. Is that really that big of a deal if your constantly getting fresh,consistent leads every week? Only if your doing this part time.
Question- can these mailhouses guarantee you 60 leads for 3 one thousand piece drops?

Actually..
The post was directed at anyone who was critical of the guy for not coming back to give his "progress report" to the negative folks. I think that the critical people have too much time on their hands that could be better spent prospecting and writing apps. (cannot wait to read the responses to this post)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What was well said about it? He is flat out wrong. This site is amazing for getting information and networking with other agents.

I suppose one gets as good as they give?

If one comes here solely to recruit and never offers anything of substance, then it probably can be difficult to hang around. You can get an award for it, though.;)
I've read a lot of your posts...aren't you the one who had a "lovers' spat" for all to see on one of these forums? I guess that exchange was a shining example of making a solid contribution to the forum. I've noticed you seem to be THAT guy who weighs in on everything. Get off of your computer and go sell! :)

Last edited:
Actually..
The post was directed at anyone who was critical of the guy for not coming back to give his "progress report" to the negative folks. I think that the critical people have too much time on their hands that could be better spent prospecting and writing apps. (cannot wait to read the responses to this post)

Well aren't you being critical.

Rick

Actually..

I do believe there are critical people on this forum and some may (or may not) get off on hearing that another newbie has failed at this game. But, I believe that the majority of folks on this forum really want to see others succeed...me being one of them. When someone succeeds, there is an opportunity for them to share something with someone who may be struggling and isn't this what makes this forum so alive? I want to hear about BenS' success. It does nothing but pump me up in to believing that I too can do this. But, I also want to hear about any failures that may help me steer clear of that particular obstacle.

Ron

Actually..
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I've read a lot of your posts...aren't you the one who had a "lovers' spat" for all to see on one of these forums? I guess that exchange was a shining example of making a solid contribution to the forum. I've noticed you seem to be THAT guy who weighs in on everything. Get off of your computer and go sell! :)

You must be mistaken. I've never had a lover's spat with anyone here. As for my selling, I doubt that you have any idea as to what you are talking about. If you did you wouldn't make ignorant statements like that.

Plus, I'm not the one crying about not being able to learn anything at this site.

Last edited:
Can somebody answer the question with a liitle bit of truth as to the different levels Securus has for leads? LIke maybe what they cost new and the different levels they are resold at?

And where is Ben? This thread was about him. Did he leave Securus already?

It isn't an 80 point contract.
Yes,leads THAT HAVEN'T BEEN SOLD after 35 days are available to other Securus agents. Is that really that big of a deal if your constantly getting fresh,consistent leads every week? Only if your doing this part time.
Question- can these mailhouses guarantee you 60 leads for 3 one thousand piece drops?

Yes it would be a huge negative to me if the company selling me leads resold them after ANY period of time. Not every sale is made as soon as you get the lead. If I paid to have the lead generated, I should be the one to work it and determine the buying cycle.

You know that you can buy a mix of leads a lot cheaper than 21 bucks. Securus has at least 6 different levels of leads. Starts at 21 and going down to 40 cents.

Very true. They're selling you the leads they've already sold to other agents 35 days ago.

Who are they using?
Mainstreet Powermail. Their contact info:
MSPM - Lead Generation

Obviously, with 100,000+ pieces going out per week, they're able to negotiate a rock-bottom cost for sending them out.

Mail piece they're using?

Anyone can use their "F202" piece, which is their most effective final expense mailer.
20zbm76.jpg

(FRONT PAGE)

BACK:
fp5w02.jpg

And remember, if the lead cost the company $30 to generate and they charge the first agent $20.95, then they charge the next agent $10 for a 35 day old lead, then they charge the next agent $5 for that same lead 30 days later.. they've made $35.95 already on that one lead. But that's not where it stops. There is no limitation on how many times they can resell that same lead.

How would you like someone calling your brand new client, offering a rock bottom "New company", in light of the fact that you just wrote them a policy and yet someone coming behind you, at 1/3 the lead cost, can re-write your buyer someplace else?

..but they're "not in the lead business", right?

And you've accepted a lower commission for the opportunity to participate in them re-selling the leads you've paid for already, up front, no less.

Quite a good business model............................ for the house.

Back