Successful Referral Strategy

How do you jablde the hippa compliance/restrictions on acting on your clients behalf?

For example if you change an address, its rare the company will take your word for the new address, they typically make the client call in.

----------

*handle the hippa, whatever I typed earlier wasn't even close!

Anything that needs signed I get it to them for the signature. If they need to be on a call to the company them I get them involved on the call.

But I have yet to run across a company that won't let me give a new address or phone number without having anything signed. Nor do they to talk to the client for that.

Anything that needs signed I get it to them for the signature. If they need to be on a call to the company them I get them involved on the call.

But I have yet to run across a company that won't let me give a new address or phone number without having anything signed. Nor do they to talk to the client for that.

Oxford has been one of the worst for requiring signatures or direct calls from the client. I, like you, want my clients and beneficiaries to call my office not the insurance companies. My name and phone number is plastered all over the policy and jacket.

I think referrals are earned. I earn mine with client services. It's a rare client of mine that calls the company for anything. Most all call me.

And there you have it.

It must be different in FE than the medicare world because mapd and PDP won't listen to the broker for anything. Its very frustrating

It must be different in FE than the medicare world because mapd and PDP won't listen to the broker for anything. Its very frustrating

I like having to get a form signed I feel protected from a forgetful client and provide a service to them.

I just called AmCon today to update an address and phone number on a med sup client. No problem at all.

It's been a while since I wrote an MA plans but I don't recall having the problems that you are experiencing.

I even did an address change with Trans recently and they gave me no problems. They create problems all the time but not on an address change.

As we all know referrals are the lifeblood for any salesperson. I totally agree with a few of the other answers like LarryTew; when value is at its highest and Jdeasy; referrals are earned. If i may here are a few other suggestions

Referrals are a mindset.

Ask and expect to get referrals 100% of the time

To get referrals you first must become referable (provide value and benefits)

The best time to ask and get referrals is when your client is at a peak state (loves and understands all the benefits you provided for him/her)

Ask questions through your sales process that get clients to mention names

I hope this helps.

As we all know referrals are the lifeblood for any salesperson. I totally agree with a few of the other answers like LarryTew; when value is at its highest and Jdeasy; referrals are earned. If i may here are a few other suggestions

Referrals are a mindset.

Ask and expect to get referrals 100% of the time

To get referrals you first must become referable (provide value and benefits)

The best time to ask and get referrals is when your client is at a peak state (loves and understands all the benefits you provided for him/her)

Ask questions through your sales process that get clients to mention names

I hope this helps.

I have heard this "referrals are the lifeblood for any sales person" ever since I began in this business. I may be for some and for others it may make things a little easier but there are many people who use marketing systems that are not referral based that do just fine. For example, JD gets referrals but never asks for them and if he never received another one, he would continue to excel because his system is lead based, not referral based and this is the case with most of the top FE producers. There are people who market by canvassing that do not ask for referrals and they make exceptional income. If you choose to make a referral based system your method, there is nothing wrong with that but there are other ways to keep that blood pumping.

BTW, very good first post and welcome to the forum.

First thanks for the compliment on my first post. Much appreciated

Yes, I do realize some in the industry use Marketing systems for leads and that some are very successful.

I am all for whatever is working for the particular agent or salesperson.

Thanks

Back