Suit Up or Dress Down?

What your wear doesn't matter after you open your mouth.... if a suit closed the deal, well.. we'd all look much nicer.

I guess in my line of business, which is dealing with blue collar workers, farmers, and the like, a first impression is sometimes all you get. I'd rather look sharp and have them remember me than show up lookin' like I came from the slums.

I'm not overly concerned with what comes out of my mouth, I know our product pretty darn well.

I guess in my line of business, which is dealing with blue collar workers, farmers, and the like, a first impression is sometimes all you get. I'd rather look sharp and have them remember me than show up lookin' like I came from the slums.

I'm not overly concerned with what comes out of my mouth, I know our product pretty darn well.

Try wearing a suit for a week and see what happens.

I doubt it will go over well with that crowd, but there is only one way to find out. Alternate between a week in a suit and a week in business casual for a while and see which you do better in.

"I'm not overly concerned with what comes out of my mouth, I know our product pretty darn well. "

Well then, it sounds like you figured out my statement. We're not in the suit business.

But if your choices are sharp suit or looking like you came from the slums, I have a suggestion... go shopping.

Oh Boy! Another how should we dress thread. My only advise is if you wear a skirt and heels be sure to shave your legs. Nothing looks worse than a guy wearing a skirt with hairy legs.

Last edited:
Back